Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Question] Getting true Package Installer on FW > 3.20

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
OperationNT

[Question] Getting true Package Installer on FW > 3.20

Post by OperationNT »

Hello everybody,

I went to the following page and I downloaded by curiosity the link "NPXS10031_PKG_Installer_3.52" : http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?ti ... he_PS_Vita

When I saw, in archive content, an XML file containing "<font color="#ffffff" size="32" ><b>FakePackage Installer</b></font>", I understood why the package installer directly closes after opening : it's just a simple honeypot :D .

I am curious to know if we could have a dump from the true package installer (from a FW 3.18), could it be possible to write it on "ux0:app/NPXS10031" (or another game ID) and modify the path in "app.db" from "vs0:app/NPXS10031" to a path pointing in "ux0" ?

Thank for your answer ! ;)
Advertising
Kankertje

Re: [Question] Getting true Package Installer on FW > 3.20

Post by Kankertje »

OperationNT wrote: When I saw, in archive content, an XML file containing "<font color="#ffffff" size="32" ><b>FakePackage Installer</b></font>", I understood why the package installer directly closes after opening : it's just a simple honeypot :D .
It was always called like that
Advertising
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

Ok, surprising name...
So you mean that the binary file "eboot.bin" from 3.52 has the exact same capabilities for installing packages than the binary in 3.18 ? (except it check something more to be able to start, for example, it checks if it's running on a kiosk device)
scarfaceguns93

Post by scarfaceguns93 »

OperationNT wrote:Ok, surprising name...
So you mean that the binary file "eboot.bin" from 3.52 has the exact same capabilities for installing packages than the binary in 3.18 ? (except it check something more to be able to start, for example, it checks if it's running on a kiosk device)
It is most likely the system that does the checks not the app itself, if the eboot.bin file was the only thing sony modified then it should start loading on a black screen longer then it does now before closing itself, though i could be wrong.
xXDarkCodeXx

Post by xXDarkCodeXx »

Actually the app is not the same from DEX to CEX
I'm sorry for my bad english but i'm italian and my keyboard sux.
CelesteBlue

Post by CelesteBlue »

Now you can install on a 3.60 PSvita with HENkaku, the 3.60 DEX ☆Package Installer that is runnable, instead of the 3.60 CEX ☆Package Installer that is not runnable...
Thanks to HENkaku !
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

Yes, I already know that. But in 2015, I wouldn't know :P

Return to “Programming and Security”