Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

3.52 HFW Feature

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
tomtomdu80
Buffer Overflow

Re: 3.52 HFW Feature

Post by tomtomdu80 »

The Z wrote:
bodega wrote:nice, i will look foward this thread.

But what you mean with "dump memory card only on pstv and slim"?

Also, had you only replaced some system apps just hex editing the nand dump?

And what about the second usb on jp mb of psvitatv?
He might be talking about the internal storage of the PSvTV & 2000s, not the memory cards (external).

This looks promising, but as long as you need a hardware modification for this, people wont like it.
It's indeed likely that he's talking about the internal storage, but it still acts like a memcard thus can still be useful. This can basically allow those who will use this HFW to decrypt packages which will then be installable on >3.20 for all users :)
Advertising
UnLuck3R

Post by UnLuck3R »

though i dont like to say that
but if so, isnt that meaning we can install piracy?
(if you guys release something we can transfer dump with no size limit.)
Advertising
Black PSP-1007|6.60ME
Black PSVita 1007 Wifi/3G|3.65 HENkaku Enso

CSPSP1.92+(c1)
Lucif3r

Post by Lucif3r »

Afaik theres already a method for dumping the Vita memcards, and has been for quite some time now. Of course, not public, and not decrypted, and not by software only...

The immediate benefit of a firmware like this that I can see is keeping rejuvenate and/or ePSP exploits, while still having access to PSN and being able to buy and download your games... I suspect this will be like CFW on PS3 though - a guaranteed ban sooner or later.
Another benefit is of course spoofing, playing games that "require" a higher FW on a lower FW, just like on the PS3.

I doubt this HFW will automagically(spelling intended) allow piracy. That would require a way to decrypt the memcard content, inject your pirated ****, reencrypt it and getting the Vita to accept it. But, for all I know that might already be possible, Im not /that/ deep into the scene...
But this isnt a CFW with full kernel access etc, so its not like it can magically remove all the restrictions..... yet....

Regardless, any progress is good progress when it comes to the Vita :)
katsu

Post by katsu »

hole #2
PSN work
(thx os0 files 3.01 mr.gas)
Psvita wifi 2.05TN-V/3.52OFW DUALNAND FW
psvita wifi 3.52OFW
PSTV US 3.52 HFW
PSTV JP 3.51 HFW
katsu

Post by katsu »

hole #3
webkit exploit
Psvita wifi 2.05TN-V/3.52OFW DUALNAND FW
psvita wifi 3.52OFW
PSTV US 3.52 HFW
PSTV JP 3.51 HFW
internally-Blazed

Post by internally-Blazed »

HFW looks awesome, but warez games? Please let's not run the PS Vita straight to the ground, its got some awesome games, those devs deserve it for making it. PSP died because of piracy lets not repeat that.
Im a dragon in the scene. I've modded everything i can get my hands on :)

Learning C for the vita :)
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

internally-Blazed wrote:HFW looks awesome, but warez games? Please let's not run the PS Vita straight to the ground, its got some awesome games, those devs deserve it for making it. PSP died because of piracy lets not repeat that.
It's probably a simple POC. And besides the only way I see something like that working is if you dump the nand of a PS Vita which has already purchased soft copies of a game from PSN, you back up the license files and restore it on another. Similar to that PS4 "Jailbreak" a little while back. And since the Vita is much less popular and much more difficult to dump the nand of I highly doubt this would ever be a problem using that method.
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

So what about this? It was fake or not?
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

It's not a fake.
However, you can install this only if you have hardware modifications to write vs0 and os0 partitions (email flaw only allows reading those partitions).
In addition, it's not a "real" custom firmware, it's just a good assembly of signed files from different firmwares (most files probably come from OFW 3.18 for all flaws available, PSN certificate/index.dat probably come from OFW 3.52 for the PS Vita detected as having a FW 3.52).
muzz

Post by muzz »

If it could be useful to spoof current fw version to allow PSN access on lower FW and for PS4 remote play that'd be choice.

Return to “Programming and Security”