Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Regarding PS TV whitelist bypass

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
HarmfulMushroom

Re: Regarding PS TV whitelist bypass

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

DARKvoid wrote:Is it going to be fixed to work on new firmware? Doesn't work anymore, couldn't play Online so had to update.
Unless a new exploit is discovered, no. That is the choice of every Vita owner; give up online support to gain exploits or give up on exploits to gain online support. Buy a second Vita if you want the best of both worlds.
Plato wrote:By resetting do you mean completely resetting to factory settings or restarting the system?

If I restart PSTV will hack work?
If you're just writing over the two modified whitelist files every time you reboot the PS TV you will need to reinstall said files. If you run the SQL function posted on page 5 you will always have the modified whitelist automatically until you rebuild your database. There is no completely permanent whitelist mod at the moment but the second option gets you pretty close to permanent.
Advertising
DARKvoid

Post by DARKvoid »

This is about PS TV is it not? a second vita wont help! I play games online and have been enjoying bo declassified multiplayer on my tv. So can I still enjoy this hack without updating I think not!
Advertising
FusionAxis

Post by FusionAxis »

Ok so took a while but everything seems to be working great now. Finally got hyperdimension neptunia re:birth 1 on the big screen.
I have encountered only one problem. After modifying the app.db and installing it to my vita tv, i can no longer install game updates. Just bought a new vita tv for this since i want to keep my other one on 3.18. would really like to install game updates, anyone have a solution? should i have put all my vita cartridges in, do the updates and then modify app.db?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

DARKvoid wrote:This is about PS TV is it not? a second vita wont help! I play games online and have been enjoying bo declassified multiplayer on my tv. So can I still enjoy this hack without updating I think not!
This is for both Vita and PS TV, you can only ever have PSN access and exploit access for a very short window of time always ending with Sony pushing out a new update to fix said exploit. After that you decide what you want more, exploit or online access. Only way to have access to both features at once is having two Vitas/TV's. So you are correct, you can't play online without updating, which means you decided online support was more important to you. Nothing wrong with that, but as of right now if you want to use the fail-mail exploit you need to buy a second device and don't update it past 3.52.
FusionAxis wrote:Ok so took a while but everything seems to be working great now. Finally got hyperdimension neptunia re:birth 1 on the big screen.
I have encountered only one problem. After modifying the app.db and installing it to my vita tv, i can no longer install game updates. Just bought a new vita tv for this since i want to keep my other one on 3.18. would really like to install game updates, anyone have a solution? should i have put all my vita cartridges in, do the updates and then modify app.db?
I've also encountered this problem, I'd think the only way to get around this is to install any game updates before you modify the app.db. The updates would download just fine but wouldn't actually install.
X-death

Post by X-death »

Rebuild Database seems to resolve problem.
After that your need to do the withelist tricks again.
Playstation TV PSNOVA JAP 3.60 Henkaku
FusionAxis

Post by FusionAxis »

Thanks for the help. Something else I noticed is that modifying the app.db seems to not affect games already installed. For example with hyper dimension neptunia, when I tried to start it after modifying the db it still said not compatible but then I deleted it and redownloaded from psn with vita update blocker and it installed and worked. Have I done something wrong or does this only work for newly installed games
mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas »

FusionAxis wrote:Thanks for the help. Something else I noticed is that modifying the app.db seems to not affect games already installed. For example with hyper dimension neptunia, when I tried to start it after modifying the db it still said not compatible but then I deleted it and redownloaded from psn with vita update blocker and it installed and worked. Have I done something wrong or does this only work for newly installed games
it's because the game installed was containing an update .. and that update was holding the value (not compatible with pstv in app.db)
FusionAxis

Post by FusionAxis »

mr.gas wrote:
FusionAxis wrote:Thanks for the help. Something else I noticed is that modifying the app.db seems to not affect games already installed. For example with hyper dimension neptunia, when I tried to start it after modifying the db it still said not compatible but then I deleted it and redownloaded from psn with vita update blocker and it installed and worked. Have I done something wrong or does this only work for newly installed games
it's because the game installed was containing an update .. and that update was holding the value (not compatible with pstv in app.db)
Ok that makes sense now. appreciate the answer. was trying to figure out if i would be able to replicate this in a few months when i upgrade my memory and vita update blocker doesn't work. tried it out, seems i can as long as i don't download that update file. thanks a bunch :)
Chobo

Post by Chobo »

DARKvoid wrote:Is it going to be fixed to work on new firmware? Doesn't work anymore, couldn't play Online so had to update.
When you say doesn't work anymore, you mean CFW 3.55 completely blocks this bypass method?
Because there was another person in the comments on wololo.net saying it's still working for them:
wololo.net/2015/09/30/playstation-vita-firmware-3-55-is-now-available-does-it-patch-the-fail-mail-flaw/comment-page-1/#comment-3132097

Edit: this says the "Email trick" won't work anymore on 3.55. viewtopic.php?f=54&t=44333
Is it true even for the playstation TV?
SonsofOcelot

Post by SonsofOcelot »

So I'm gathering then that if I execute the SQL commands on page 5, then HDN will work on my pstv but if I download the update file it will not work? Is it possible to modify the update in app.db to allow the update to work with the whitelist hack?

Also do vita cartridges that have firmware updates force an update on the vita TV? My TV is on FW3.36 is why I ask. If a game with a 3.55 update comes out, for example, will it mandate a FW update if I put the game cartridge in?

Return to “Programming and Security”