Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Regarding PS TV whitelist bypass

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
xfullmetal17

Re: Regarding PS TV whitelist bypass

Post by xfullmetal17 »

Just a heads-up from my own experiences trying this...

If you have a Hotmail account (at least *@live.com) this will NOT work; the "#0" file shows up as "done." in the email app.

Gmail accounts work just fine, as an added bonus if you use two-factor authentication and create an app-specific password, the Vita won't throw errors about needing to sign in through the browser.
Advertising
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'
wildthing202

Post by wildthing202 »

Ok I got the game to work finally. In case people want to know I had to download the game from the PSN store. The copy I had was from a transfer from the PS3. So for future reference it'll help if you download the game from the PSN store rather than rely on the PS3 transfer method. Thanks everyone for helping me finally play this game that shouldn't have been white listed in the first place since the JPN version wasn't.....
Advertising
rbat

Post by rbat »

I follow the manual method and and It worked. My games, wipeout, Sega Tennis, Lumines ecc.that without hack didn't work played well but after quitting a Lumines game, when I try to start PS vita games I receive this error:
(C2-15411-2) , turn of or disconnect power doesn't resolve the problem. I use again the manual method and this fixed the error. Now It's all OK, and in my 6.20 pstv the whitelist remain active also after a power off or power disconnection not only after a stand by.
Fantastic hack, thanks.

P.s. My PS vita PS vita fw 3.18 TN-V and TN-X
PSTV fw 3.20 TN-V and TN-X and whitelist updated
PS vita fw 3.51 with rejuvenate hack
maxld

Post by maxld »

Everyone who was involved in this hack - i love you! You have made me a very happy man. Finally I can play some of my favourite games. Thank you :)
Asmith906

Post by Asmith906 »

rbat wrote:I follow the manual method and and It worked. My games, wipeout, Sega Tennis, Lumines ecc.that without hack didn't work played well but after quitting a Lumines game, when I try to start PS vita games I receive this error:
(C2-15411-2) , turn of or disconnect power doesn't resolve the problem. I use again the manual method and this fixed the error. Now It's all OK, and in my 6.20 pstv the whitelist remain active also after a power off or power disconnection not only after a stand by.
Fantastic hack, thanks.

P.s. My PS vita PS vita fw 3.18 TN-V and TN-X
PSTV fw 3.20 TN-V and TN-X and whitelist updated
PS vita fw 3.51 with rejuvenate hack
Lumines was patched to work with the PS TV. Try updating it.
pythonicca

Post by pythonicca »

xfullmetal17 wrote:Just a heads-up from my own experiences trying this...

If you have a Hotmail account (at least *@live.com) this will NOT work; the "#0" file shows up as "done." in the email app.

Gmail accounts work just fine...
I'm using a Gmail account and the "#0" also shows up as "done" so there's something else that's preventing it from working.
nick123194

Post by nick123194 »

Follow wrote:hey @mr.gas i have same problem.

Game: hyperdimesion Neptunia Rebirth 1 (PCSE00443)
Current PSTV Firmware: 3.36

You need to write the exception of the game in some other .dat?

Thanks for release :)
@mr.gas I've heard people were able to play hyperdimesionNeptunia Rebirth 1 altering some file called app.db. I have a digital copy of this game and I would like to play it on my Ps TV. How do I go about editing this file?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

pythonicca wrote:
xfullmetal17 wrote:Just a heads-up from my own experiences trying this...

Gmail accounts work just fine...
I'm using a Gmail account and the "#0" also shows up as "done" so there's something else that's preventing it from working.
Don't know if it makes a difference in this case but have you tried sending your emails using Thunderbird? I've used that every time except once and the only time the attachment showed up as "done" was when I used the gmail browser client.
wildthing202 wrote:I need some help. I got the app.db, did the changes through the DB Browser(I can see the new change category triggers,), and sent it back but it doesn't work. Where does the file go? I sent it to "ur0:shell/db/app.db" and "ur0:shell/db/app.db." and the game still didn't work. Did I mess up somewhere?

The line for the game says gp. Is that correct as the others are listed as gd?
I'm currently attempting the same thing with the same problems as you, I don't think the paths are incorrect. I tried adding in an entry for the Package Installer at first but when that didn't work I opted for trying to do a more simple change such as changing the bubble icon on an app which still didn't change. Even updating the database doesn't do anything. It's almost like it's just not being copied over at all.

EDIT: Got it to work, rebooting PS TV again seems to have got the modified app.db working for me. Package Installer shows up but will not launch, kind of like I figured. Was able to alter bubble pictures as well as text from apps and messages. Pretty cool!
Last edited by HarmfulMushroom on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ordi

Post by ordi »

nick123194 wrote:@mr.gas I've heard people were able to play hyperdimesionNeptunia Rebirth 1 altering some file called app.db. I have a digital copy of this game and I would like to play it on my Ps TV. How do I go about editing this file?
I can't test it myself, but following these two guides: (first this one http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... ilhax.html and then this http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... ch_v2.html) should work.
Last edited by ordi on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueheaven

Post by blueheaven »

The email trick worked for uncharted. But the game is unplayable because it needs the touchpad, i tried the PS4 controller which has a touchpad but that didn't work...

Return to “Programming and Security”