Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSM Dev Assistant PSN removal date

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
itreptau

PSM Dev Assistant PSN removal date

Post by itreptau »

Does anyone know if the PSM Dev Assistant will be pulled from the PSN Store on the 31 May? Or is it just the last day to apply for a license?
Advertising
Cyber

Re: PSM Dev Assistant PSN removal date

Post by Cyber »

Going by the FAQ at https://en-support.psm.playstation.net/ ... l/a_id/343
Q: By when can I develop PSM application on PS Vita or PS Certified device?
A: You can develop your PSM application on PS Vita or PS Certified device until July 15th.
I'd say Dev Assistant itself should be downloadable for 6 more weeks at least.

They have no need to give out new dev licenses after May 31st however, because it's the last day to submit a new app. And if they do stop giving out dev licenses (not to be confused with publisher licenses), no one will be able to add the Dev Assistant to their download lists, thus it will become impossible to obtain for new users because of its DRM.
So even if you can't use Dev Assistant at the moment, make sure to grab the dev license on psm.playstation.net ASAP while you still can.
Advertising
itreptau

Post by itreptau »

How to get a dev license? I already have a publisher license so if I'm not mistaken I also have a dev license, right?
reprep

Post by reprep »

itreptau wrote:How to get a dev license? I already have a publisher license so if I'm not mistaken I also have a dev license, right?
yes
marios92

Post by marios92 »

But why this PSm is so importan? Will be useful for future exploit?
dbzgts

Post by dbzgts »

marios92 wrote:But why this PSm is so importan? Will be useful for future exploit?
Are you from another planet that just come to earth?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
PSVita Fat 3g 3.60 & PSTV 3.60
smithsf0x

Post by smithsf0x »

What a nice and informational answer you gave, dbzgts.

@marios92:
yes yifanlu said a while ago that we should register to PSM/ have a PSM Dev License and the PSM Dev App installed on your Vita. So it seems like it is the key for a future exploit ;D
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

smithsf0x wrote:What a nice and informational answer you gave, dbzgts.

@marios92:
yes yifanlu said a while ago that we should register to PSM/ have a PSM Dev License and the PSM Dev App installed on your Vita. So it seems like it is the key for a future exploit ;D
In his defense if the original poster even looked around the site for a measly 5 seconds he'd have his answer. That's just lazy.
marios92

Post by marios92 »

smithsf0x wrote:What a nice and informational answer you gave, dbzgts.

@marios92:
i have 3.18 PSV, can install PSM? And how? Because i have half-broken ps3 so cant use for download, and i think cannot connect a lower firmware PSV to download PSM...
smithsf0x

Post by smithsf0x »

Uff mhhh yea you could install it but you would need a PS3 to download a PSVita game/demo....otherwise not. A PS3 is you only hope or MAYBE a second Vita with the newest firmware to backup the PSM Dev App to your PC and copy it back to your 3.18 PS Vita BUT i can't test it so i am not sure if it will work...sorry

Return to “Programming and Security”