Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

In need of assistance or advice. (PSM License Cannot Be...)

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
fatman01923

In need of assistance or advice. (PSM License Cannot Be...)

Post by fatman01923 »

Hey guys I am firmware 3.01 and have psm dev assistant 1.21.02 installed on my vita thanks to me having psm dev assistant backed up on my computer. I renewed my psm license and I generated an app key, along with a device seed for the ball maze demo. Now when I copy over ball maze demo, psm gives me a sucess message and my screen on vita goes dark... after about 3 seconds it returns back to the dev assistant and there is no game to be found in the menu along with an error code. Does anyone know if I just need to update to get this all to work when the time comes or am I able to run this demo without updating? Thank you very much.

Advertising
cheeyee09

Re: In need of assistance or advice. (PSM License Cannot Be.

Post by cheeyee09 »

I get same error if I'm using proxy pointing to VitaUpdateBlocker.
Advertising
St3f

Post by St3f »

I have the exact same problem.
@Maninabox_
St3f

Post by St3f »

O had not opened the wifi. Now i get an error (808f003a)
@Maninabox_
RamenVita

Post by RamenVita »

turn proxy off on ps vita. settings app > network > wifi settings > select your wifi under Access points >Advanced settings > scroll down to proxy select and ser to do not use > hit ok.

after you have made the first transfer you can put proxy back on if you want or put in airplane mode ect.
ps dev assist app needs to connect to internet to verify dev lic. once your app is verifyed it does not need to be verifyed again. not sure if that carries over to backup.
fatman01923

Post by fatman01923 »

Hmmm proxy mode was never on for me. But I still can't seem to confirm the license which was already confirmed about 2 years ago... hmm maybe I need to just update it but I will wait to see what this exploit is all about first before anything drastic is done. Thanks though. :)
St3f

Post by St3f »

Yeap and for me too. No proxy. Probably has to do with the license verification, Do you know any way to bypass this ? Or we're doomed to update ? :/
@Maninabox_
fatman01923

Post by fatman01923 »

St3f wrote:Yeap and for me too. No proxy. Probably has to do with the license verification, Do you know any way to bypass this ? Or we're doomed to update ? :/
As far as I know we are probably doomed. I wish more information was given out for this exploit. I don't expect much though as PSM is bytecode which is pretty dang slow and not suitable for emulators of any kind. Homebrew is nice but I don't wanna give up a kexploit which is the only reason why I still have my Vita at this point. lol. Either way I'm grateful for the site for giving the system some life.
St3f

Post by St3f »

I don't know whats going to be released but form the last UVL post back in 2012 I believe, Yifan said that.
What I have done, is run native code on the Vita with the same permissions as the game being exploited. This means I can load homebrews written and optimized for the Vita’s CPU and take full advantage of the CPU speed and RAM (unlike the PSP emulator or PSM, both impose artificial limits on resources and system functions). What has NOT been done (yet) is unlocking the system completely for tasks like USB interfacing, custom themes/system mods/plugins, and (fortunately) pirating games.
So as I understand this is not a sanboxed exploit inside psm. BUT nobody except him knows for sure so don't take my post as an absolute fact.

Yep probably i'll update too, (I'll wait 1-2 more days though) ;)
@Maninabox_
RamenVita

Post by RamenVita »

What is your app version?

Return to “Programming and Security”