Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to extract __sce_ebootpbp and __sce_menuinfo

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
bodega

How to extract __sce_ebootpbp and __sce_menuinfo

Post by bodega »

Hello everyone, this is my first tutorial here on wololo.net so dont care about error i might do! Also sorry for my bad english but i am italian.

In this guide we are going to see how to extract the hidden __sce_ebootpbp and __sce_menuinfo files using a PSP kernel exploit
__sce_ebootpbp_openmodding.png
__sce_ebootpbp_openmodding.png (137.52 KiB) Viewed 7585 times
__sce_ebootpbp

The __sce_ebootpbp file (size 512 byte) contains a variety of information, such as NPUMDSIG and an Account ID. This ID (8 bytes) is present at 0x40 in __sce_ebootpbp, but is also present in the PSP/minis RIF licenses at 0x8.

First of all we need a kernel access to the PSP emu then we need PSP filer 6.6

DUMPING __sce_ebootpbp
  • The first thing to do is a full backup of the memory stick
  • Make a backup of the game from which you want to extract the __sce_ebootpbp
  • Now start the game from your vita and make a clean savedata
  • Boot ARK2 or TNV, then PSP Filer
  • Rename the SAVEDATA folder in 2SAVEDATA
  • Rename the GAME folder in SAVEDATA
  • Now go in the SAVEDATA(the GAME folder renamed to SAVEDATA)/ID-OF-THE-GAME folder and delete the EBOOT.PBP
  • Now go in the 2SAVEDATA(the SAVEDTA folder renamed to 2SAVEDATA)/ID-OF-THE-GAME folder and copy the files ICON0.PNG e PARAM.sfo (eventually also SECURE.BIN and/or SAVEDATA.BIN) in the SAVEDATA(the GAME folder renamed to SAVEDATA)/ID-OF-THE-GAME
  • Now exit from the eCFW and copy the savegame from your PSVita to your PC. You will see the __sce_ebootpbp inside the savedata folder
  • At last restore the PSP exploit-game with its exploit-save to rename back the savedata and game folders
__sce_menuinfo

The file __sce_menuinfo (1024 bytes) is only present in the PS1 games folders, and contains a variety of information, all related to the PS1 POPS emulator (the file should be POPS.CFG). There are few info about it, but it should be the responsable of the screenshot feature that only few PS1 games have.

First of all we need a kernel access to the PSP emu then we need PSP filer 6.6

DUMPING __sce_menuinfo
  • The first thing to do is a full backup of the memory stick
  • Make a backup of the PSP exploit game that give you the possibility (also of its save) to launch the kernel exploit
  • Make a backup of the game from which you want to extract the __sce_ebootpbp and __sce_menuinfo
  • Now start the game from your vita and make a clean savedata
  • Boot ARK2 or TNV, then PSP Filer
  • Rename the SAVEDATA folder in 2SAVEDATA
  • Rename the GAME folder in SAVEDATA
  • Now go in the SAVEDATA(the GAME folder renamed to SAVEDATA)/ID-OF-THE-GAME folder and delete the EBOOT.PBP
  • Now go in the 2SAVEDATA(the SAVEDTA folder renamed to 2SAVEDATA)/ID-OF-THE-GAME folder and copy the files ICON0.PNG, PARAM.SFO, CONFIG.BIN, SCEVMC0.VMP e SCEVMC1.VMP (eventually also KEYS.BIN) in the SAVEDATA(the GAME folder renamed to SAVEDATA)/ID-OF-THE-GAME
  • Now exit from the eCFW and copy the savegame from your PSVita to your PC. You will see the __sce_ebootpbp and __sce_menuinfo inside the savedata folder
  • At last restore the PSP exploit-game with its exploit-save to rename back the savedata and game folders
This procedure has been tested only on firmware 3.18.

@wololo and mods: fell free to adjust my engRish :oops:

I have already posted this tutorial on my italian forum, but after talking with wololo it allows me to partecipate to the next tutorial contest, because there arent other english tutorial like this.

So if you like this tutorial, vote for me on the next tutorial contest here on wololo.net!

Original italian tutorial openmodding.net

Thank you for reading,

regards
Advertising
sorry 4 my bad english :)

Follow me on Twitter erBodega
Kankertje

Re: How to extract __sce_ebootpbp and __sce_menuinfo

Post by Kankertje »

I'm pretty sure you can access the __sce files with usermode, also you are doing it in a overcomplicated way because you can just fetch the file via ftp with the dot trick ;)
Advertising
bodega

Post by bodega »

Kankertje wrote:I'm pretty sure you can access the __sce files with usermode, also you are doing it in a overcomplicated way because you can just fetch the file via ftp with the dot trick ;)
never tried with the dot method via ftp, thanks for the info. Anyway yes it's a overcomplicated method :lol:

psvitamario

Post by psvitamario »

By cons is really convenient to create fast bubbles with it :D
bodega

Post by bodega »

i had forgot one things, here's a little discussion with some info on sce_ebootpbp (by mr.gas, tomtomdu80, qwikrazor87)

psvitamario

Post by psvitamario »

It's Qwikrazor Custom Bubbles? :oops:
bodega

Post by bodega »

psvitamario wrote:It's Qwikrazor Custom Bubbles? :oops:
i don't understand what you mean, this is only a tutorial on how to extract sceebottpbp files, not a tutorial on how to bypass that protection

Return to “Programming and Security”