Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

WebKit exploit worth it or no?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
mahad

WebKit exploit worth it or no?

Post by mahad »

Just wanted to ask a quick question and get some opinions. I am on 3.18 with custom bubbles set up for tnv and other apps like PSP filer. I realize that ark2 works on the latest firmware and custom bubbles can still be made. The only thing keeping me from updating is the WebKit exploit. I really want online services (and themes :D ) and don't k ow if it's worth updating or not. Anyone wanna give me some opinions?
Advertising
Rauliki

Re: WebKit exploit worth it or no?

Post by Rauliki »

If I had two Vitas I would consider updating one. Only consider.
What is so great about 3.36? Or PSN?
Native homebrews would make this a great all around portable console.
Advertising
birthbyRIGHT

Post by birthbyRIGHT »

when 3.18 will be exploited for teh PSV-CFW or nativehack probably they will try to do some on the current firmware.
the thing is 3.18 will have the oppurtunty to use the nativehack first and everything follows.. that's why i ended up updating my psV
mahad

Post by mahad »

I just miss online services that's why. I miss playing online and browsing the store and everything else. Just wanted to know if staying at 3.18 is worth it. Oh Yea I also miss remote play.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

If you're more worried about playing online and having access to the PS Store then update. If you're more interested in webkit and native, don't. Just what you'd prefer most. Sounds like you should update. Only thing you'll lose is TN-V. You can still have TN-C.
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website
mahad

Post by mahad »

ss4gogeta069 wrote:If you're more worried about playing online and having access to the PS Store then update. If you're more interested in webkit and native, don't. Just what you'd prefer most. Sounds like you should update. Only thing you'll lose is TN-V. You can still have TN-C.
Hmm. I'll wait it out a bit longer and see if something comes with the WebKit exploit. And I really don't have time to get a ark bubble and all that hassle.
Linkmstr

Post by Linkmstr »

I really hope the webkit exploit is worth the wait. I have a second Vita that can't access through OpenCMA/QCMA without updating. :(
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Linkmstr wrote:I really hope the webkit exploit is worth the wait. I have a second Vita that can't access through OpenCMA/QCMA without updating. :(
You can, you're just not doing it right.
Linkmstr

Post by Linkmstr »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
Linkmstr wrote:I really hope the webkit exploit is worth the wait. I have a second Vita that can't access through OpenCMA/QCMA without updating. :(
You can, you're just not doing it right.
Help, please? I mean, no matter how much I tried, it wouldn't let me through OpenCMA/QCMA until I update it. ;m;

Return to “Programming and Security”