Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

About the webkit exploit

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
CoolMan1999x

About the webkit exploit

Post by CoolMan1999x » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:07 am

I don't want to sound spoiled but lately I have noticed that the homepage started talking about kexploits again, is there gonna be any progress regarding the web exploit? if not does that mean releasing the 50+ exploits was a big loss to the ps vita scene?

Thanx :D

ps: Tried learning reverse engineering for the modules but hhhhhhh its too much for me :lol:
Advertising

Taronish3

Re: About the webkit exploit

Post by Taronish3 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi first let PSP die then can vita be exploited if they remove PSP savedata just like they lock with PSVITA.img
Advertising
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® waiting for ps3 emu on PS vita
Trophies
PSNTrophy

Ruben_Wolfe

Post by Ruben_Wolfe » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Guess there is always work being done behind the scene even if its not announced.
As of right now, webkit is our best crack to the vita's entrance and our best shot to discover an even bigger one which will hopefully lead us one day to running unsigned code on our vita.

ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:22 pm

Just be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. Just because you haven't heard anything and we are still getting PSP stuff doesn't mean there isn't a lot of work going on you don't know about. Just chill and hope. That's what I do. LOL
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website

reprep

Post by reprep » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:27 pm

Also lol at let PSP die, let native Vita live. It is not like PSP devs are stopping people from exploring vita by threatening them.

qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:19 pm

reprep wrote:Also lol at let PSP die, let native Vita live. It is not like PSP devs are stopping people from exploring vita by threatening them.
Vita devs are completely incapable of making any progress while PSP devs release stuff. :D (being sarcastic for those who don't know)
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:52 pm

qwikrazor87 wrote:
reprep wrote:Also lol at let PSP die, let native Vita live. It is not like PSP devs are stopping people from exploring vita by threatening them.
Vita devs are completely incapable of making any progress while PSP devs release stuff. :D (being sarcastic for those who don't know)
Agreed. (Not being sarcastic for those who don't know ;)

wth
HBL Developer

Post by wth » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:05 am

What surprises me is to see any release on smthg like the 3DS, somehow vita-similar security wise (smealum hacks really looked complex anyway so I just wonder how they got so motivated to achieve that)

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:47 am

IMO there is one big problem with Vita hacking: separation.
All vita devs I know either work with a "team" or another, but rarely do they work with "everyone".
This meas there's a big gap between the various people that are actually doing something, so when one "team" hits a wall,
it usually makes progress stop rather than make them focus on something else (like helping another team with something).
There is also trust issues. None of the "teams" actually trust other people or like the idea of sharing their info.
This is both good and bad, on one side they want to protect their information as we never know how Sony could change things
up and impove security just with very little info, but on the other side it also slows things down a lot, usually to a halt.
Also, PSP hacking doesn't exactly stop already established developers, but it does prevent newcomers from being interested
in the Vita (I have heard about a lot of devs who would have joined Vita hacking had it not be for PSPemu hacking taking
all the news and glory) it simply gives the image that the Vita scene is not interested in native hacking to outsiders so they
just end up ignoring it right away and going to other platforms like the 3DS, which has successfully moved on from DS
hacking to native hacking.

doctorgoat

Post by doctorgoat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:46 am

these scenes tend to be incredibly insular + not good for newbies. Just finding people who are friendly enough to help with compiling basic programs is even something that's probably not going to happen. I shudder to think of how bad it'd be for someone trying to jump straight into vita stuff.

Return to “Programming and Security”