Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Physical Game Card Exploit for PS_VITA

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
nycshane

Physical Game Card Exploit for PS_VITA

Post by nycshane »

I apologize if this question has been answered already or is a silly one… but has anyone seen an exploit for a PHYSICAL game card, and not something from the PSN Playstation Store (game as a download) OTA ?
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Physical Game Card Exploit for PS_VITA

Post by SMOKE »

No and I've never heard any news of anyone trying to hack the Vita's cards other than taking them apart to see what was inside
Advertising
mlc

Post by mlc »

That would be a Vita hack, and the only publicly "known" one was yifanlu's patched user mode exploit. And no one other than (presumably) some trusted devs even knew where that exploit was: it is equally likely that it was in some random part of the Vita firmware like music, video/pictures, or the communications modules. (whether USB[CMA] or Wifi)

So it's possible that someone has the knowledge to discover such a hack, but there isn't any indication that the knowledge exists within the community. Or if it does it is nowhere near release or actual utility.
nycshane

Post by nycshane »

If anyone is actively looking for user-mode exploits or developing a pinout/custom PS VITA card (I understand it's not a standard SD card, has different timing/etc). hmu, pm is ok.

Return to “Programming and Security”