Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Small Update on Vita Kernel Exploit from Yifan_Lu

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
wuebas

Re: Small Update on Vita Kernel Exploit from Yifan_Lu

Post by wuebas »

Vita native kernel exploit exist. Run arm code exist, we only need time for the first native iso loader or time for accept that the vita will be the first game console that not fully hacked? (Sarcasm)
Advertising
wuebas

Post by wuebas »

I thinks that in one ir two months very progress and the first publicar native hen
Advertising
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

wuebas wrote:Vita native kernel exploit exist. Run arm code exist, we only need time for the first native iso loader or time for accept that the vita will be the first game console that not fully hacked? (Sarcasm)
Where is this kernel exploit? I'm dying to know.
udo4ever

Post by udo4ever »

I second that. If a Kexploit was out there I would think that those in the know in the Vita hacking community scene would have heard about it. Although I am aware that no hardware exists that is unhackable, I am beginning to think that the Vita will not be hacked beyond User level access due to a lack of expertise and ressources in the scene.

That being said, if the Vita can pick up sales and become more ubiquitous, perhaps more interest in the community will be forthcoming. The other day, I was was fideling with the latest version of Daedulusx64 and I began to dream about how smoothly this homebrew would run if it could just tap into the cpu and gfx capabilities of Vita. While functional with a psp kexploit, it is hardly ideal as is.
boriswinner

Post by boriswinner »

wuebas wrote:Vita native kernel exploit exist. Run arm code exist, we only need time for the first native iso loader or time for accept that the vita will be the first game console that not fully hacked? (Sarcasm)
If it is not a lie and you are not a troll, this would really be amazing!
Can you please make a proof video of what you have done?

udo4ever wrote:I second that. If a Kexploit was out there I would think that those in the know in the Vita hacking community scene would have heard about it. Although I am aware that no hardware exists that is unhackable, I am beginning to think that the Vita will not be hacked beyond User level access due to a lack of expertise and ressources in the scene.

That being said, if the Vita can pick up sales and become more ubiquitous, perhaps more interest in the community will be forthcoming. The other day, I was was fideling with the latest version of Daedulusx64 and I began to dream about how smoothly this homebrew would run if it could just tap into the cpu and gfx capabilities of Vita. While functional with a psp kexploit, it is hardly ideal as is.
I fully agree with your opinion. It's very unlikely if someone finds a kexploit, even writes some arm code and starts writing an iso loader and noone, especially other hackers, hears about it.
The scene has a big lack of devs.
svenn

Post by svenn »

boriswinner wrote:...
Yes lets make a faik video and create allot of drama. If he wants to share it, go ahead, else keep wasting time.

Compared to PSP, the vita is a fortress. There will def. be kexploits, but if Sony keeps promise and uses Vita as a expensive controller for PS4, there might be allot more interest soon. But we can run homebrew, so whats the big deal ? Once a console is fully hacked there is no fun anymore :D
mars

Post by mars »

I have to admit, this is a really fun and informative thread. People should make a manga/anime about the scene. It would be awesome.
Kidding aside, thank you guys for the hard work. I am almost wishing that I didn't study veterinary medicine and took ECE instead, so I could help you guys.

Anyhoo, Sony is making good moves mainstream side; Should widen the install base by the holidays.

Bigger install base = More people willing to help the scene

Good luck to you guys.

==============================

Dafuq, can't believe that was my first post. Dang, I've been lurking so long.
Last edited by fate6 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
EzpadaZ

Post by EzpadaZ »

There's no kernel exploit for the vita. We don't even have a usermode exploit (yifanlu's one got patched) PSVita is more secure than the ps3... And it took 5 years to hack the ps3. And since it is now hacked. The scene is still limited to the ones who want to touch their motherboard to install a downgrader.. As i always say, ps3 scene is still dead and limited. No progress has been made. Just homebrews and functions. And that is what ps3 scene is. Do you think psvita will be like psp? Those times are over. Hacking a console is getting harder by each next gen update. Ps4 is what is getting stronger.

Also, psp was hacked by the sony mistake on fw 1.00. Otherwise it would be hacked 1 year later. Or more.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Greetings and sorry for my bad english!
PS3 Fat: Newest OFW
PS Vita: 3.01 OFW / TN-V4
PSPGo: 6.20 PRO-C Permanent. - USB Mode Bricked it.
iPad2,1: iOS 7
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini: Rooted.

There might be something running on one of those devices. That has never been released... Maybe.
DarkenLX

Post by DarkenLX »

EzpadaZ wrote:There's no kernel exploit for the vita. We don't even have a usermode exploit (yifanlu's one got patched) PSVita is more secure than the ps3... And it took 5 years to hack the ps3. And since it is now hacked. The scene is still limited to the ones who want to touch their motherboard to install a downgrader.. As i always say, ps3 scene is still dead and limited. No progress has been made. Just homebrews and functions. And that is what ps3 scene is. Do you think psvita will be like psp? Those times are over. Hacking a console is getting harder by each next gen update. Ps4 is what is getting stronger.

Also, psp was hacked by the sony mistake on fw 1.00. Otherwise it would be hacked 1 year later. Or more.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

ps3 scene is not dead it is limited however untill ps4 is released no one dares to leak the 4.46 keys due to sony's sue happiness..(reminds me of apple: got something we want? sue sue sue!) anyway its the same reason wololo has stated in his blog why psvita really has not been hacked per say. still we need the hackers from android, apple & "Linux?" scene who ever is in charge of recruiting or can be the scenes voice should see if anyone at xda developers forums might want to lend a hand there is a lot of rom makers and hackers there for ios, android, win mobile, web-os & and other platform OSes might be good spot to find help or new blood
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]
totsk1

Post by totsk1 »

DarkenLX wrote:
EzpadaZ wrote:There's no kernel exploit for the vita. We don't even have a usermode exploit (yifanlu's one got patched) PSVita is more secure than the ps3... And it took 5 years to hack the ps3. And since it is now hacked. The scene is still limited to the ones who want to touch their motherboard to install a downgrader.. As i always say, ps3 scene is still dead and limited. No progress has been made. Just homebrews and functions. And that is what ps3 scene is. Do you think psvita will be like psp? Those times are over. Hacking a console is getting harder by each next gen update. Ps4 is what is getting stronger.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

ps3 scene is not dead it is limited however untill ps4 is released no one dares to leak the 4.46 keys due to sony's sue happiness..(reminds me of apple: got something we want? sue sue sue!) anyway its the same reason wololo has stated in his blog why psvita really has not been hacked per say. still we need the hackers from android, apple & "Linux?" scene who ever is in charge of recruiting or can be the scenes voice should see if anyone at xda developers forums might want to lend a hand there is a lot of rom makers and hackers there for ios, android, win mobile, web-os & and other platform OSes might be good spot to find help or new blood
The reason why there are few hackers working on a vita is because there are not enough users unlike ios or android to click that 'donation' link. Hackers are statistician too, they know figures.

Return to “Programming and Security”