Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

OpenCMA/libVitaMTP 2.0: CMA on Linux and Windows

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
TelcoLou

Re: OpenCMA/libVitaMTP 1.1.3 beta release: CMA on Linux

Post by TelcoLou »

Yeah .. but I read that as "Specify all paths toward the specific thing (like, a photo, or music file) you are trying to transfer." :roll:

... I know, not really bright on my part, but hey .. never too old to learn stuff, I say :lol:
Advertising
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

Just an update: wifi transfers work with opencma now. If anyone wants to test it, source is on github. I'll release an binary update when I get it more stable.
Advertising
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

yifanlu wrote:Just an update: wifi transfers work with opencma now. If anyone wants to test it, source is on github. I'll release an binary update when I get it more stable.
First it won't compile until usb.c and wireless.c are added to src/Makefile.am. My terminal is flodded with

Code: Select all

VitaMTP: Unknown command recieved: 0
so i cannot read any opencma messages.

I can see opencma in the vita device list but i cannot complete the pairing since no code is shown in the opencma logs (i redirected the opencma output to a file then filtered out the "Unknown command" flood so i could read the rest of the outout and no pairing key is shown).

Sorry, no log for now until i have some time today to remove the flood message so a full debug log is possible.
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

Uploaded new binaries with support for Wifi transfer (very early, please beta test):

https://sites.google.com/a/yifanlu.com/ ... ects=0&d=1
TelcoLou

Post by TelcoLou »

Test: I was able to transfer a .jpg image using USB :D
Wifi Test: Unable to connect; I am connected to the same router as my Laptop, I then run OpenCMA, then open Content Manager on the Vita, and it doesn't recognize any connection.

Edit: Thank you once again for this! I probably wont ever use the wifi transfer part, since I use theVitaFTP program anyway, so it's all great :D
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

TelcoLou wrote:Test: I was able to transfer a .jpg image using USB :D
Wifi Test: Unable to connect; I am connected to the same router as my Laptop, I then run OpenCMA, then open Content Manager on the Vita, and it doesn't recognize any connection.

Edit: Thank you once again for this! I probably wont ever use the wifi transfer part, since I use theVitaFTP program anyway, so it's all great :D
You did "add device" on the vita?
StepS

Re: OpenCMA/libVitaMTP 2.0 beta release: CMA on Linux

Post by StepS »

GitHub wrote:The major things that are not done yet are 1) media transfers (videos, music, and photos),
I suppose this is not the case anymore, right?
yifanlu
Guru

Re: OpenCMA/libVitaMTP 2.0 beta release: CMA on Linux

Post by yifanlu »

StepS wrote:
GitHub wrote:The major things that are not done yet are 1) media transfers (videos, music, and photos),
I suppose this is not the case anymore, right?
Well, it depends on how you define "done." Very basic media transfer is implemented but very buggy and unstable (someone reported copying a folder of videos over and it just disappeared and he couldn't reclaim the memory card space without formatting). There's also no media information (duration of videos/music) and etc.
yifanlu
Guru

Re: OpenCMA/libVitaMTP 2.0: CMA on Linux and Windows

Post by yifanlu »

So I had some free time and I've ported OpenCMA to Windows using mingw (it always worked with cygwin, but that's no fun). For now, it isn't much use aside from update prevention. Hopefully, developers will take the DLL interface and integrate it with apps.

https://github.com/yifanlu/VitaMTP/rele ... .0-win.zip

This is an informal release since I'm still tiding up the sources. So this link doesn't appear elsewhere. You are still free to report issues to github.
TelcoLou

Re: OpenCMA/libVitaMTP 2.0: CMA on Linux and Windows

Post by TelcoLou »

Say .. how can I transfer PSP Game Saves over to the Vita? Here's the paths I have:

Code: Select all

opencma -p /home/user/vita/photos -v /home/user/vita/videos -m /home/user/vita/music -a /home/user/vita/apps
Under "apps" is another folder named "APP", and in there is yet ANOTHER folder named "1334ad1e07a11a7a".

I tried putting the PSP Game Save (for an emulator) in 'apps' then 'APP' then inside '1334ad1e07a11a7a'. Content Manager doesn't see it anywhere.
I can transfer photos with no issues, so where have I gone wrong?

Thanks in advance. 8-)

Return to “Programming and Security”