Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita SDK Leaked?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Blaze

Re: Vita SDK Leaked?

Post by Blaze »

yifanlu wrote:Googling Pimmeldisko shows that someone using that name is a junkie, which isn't surprising because they are hugely irresponsible and stupid. Nothing good can come of it. It will make someone lose their job. It will make Sony more alert to the community. It doesn't give developers any useful information. It doesn't give users any useful information. Yes, there are some interesting tidbits of trivia, but nothing groundbreaking.
I totally agree with you.
But it gives some necessary information that everyone should know.
Furthermore releasing this information wasn't necessary at all because we know most of the things thanks to SKFU.
Most of the information there is useless because we don't understand most of the things.
Advertising
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

Blaze wrote:
yifanlu wrote:Googling Pimmeldisko shows that someone using that name is a junkie, which isn't surprising because they are hugely irresponsible and stupid. Nothing good can come of it. It will make someone lose their job. It will make Sony more alert to the community. It doesn't give developers any useful information. It doesn't give users any useful information. Yes, there are some interesting tidbits of trivia, but nothing groundbreaking.
I totally agree with you.
But it gives some necessary information that everyone should know.
Furthermore releasing this information wasn't necessary at all because we know most of the things thanks to SKFU.
Most of the information there is useless because we don't understand most of the things.
*true story =)
it seems like a kind of unidentified language to me
Advertising
we forgive but we never forget
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Dammit. The link's down, so I'm not gonna be able to see what everyone's talking about. But anyway, can anyone clarify what the significance of this is and how it might help/deteriorate the UVL project?
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

Jd8531 wrote:If anyone is looking for it online the exact specs are 212mb, 232 files, 10 folders for the SDK folder
Hardware_docs folder detailng ARM is 13.6mb, 2 files

This is sad, Id hate to see the Vita get a troubled future of leaks. However this is such a large amount of information and what ive seen is helpful mostly for game developers. Alot of this will help me dev games but outside of that there isnt much besides some trivia like Yifanlu said. Ive barely read through it so Ill update if i see more.
Edit: A lot of good information in the DDI0406B_arm_architecture_reference_manual
That document is useful... to bad it doesn't make the leak any useful since that is public information that most developers already read: http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.js ... index.html

EDIT: I see now "This document is only available in a PDF version to registered ARM customers." but I swear I've read the content on ARM's website in the past.
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

yifanlu wrote:
Jd8531 wrote:If anyone is looking for it online the exact specs are 212mb, 232 files, 10 folders for the SDK folder
Hardware_docs folder detailng ARM is 13.6mb, 2 files

This is sad, Id hate to see the Vita get a troubled future of leaks. However this is such a large amount of information and what ive seen is helpful mostly for game developers. Alot of this will help me dev games but outside of that there isnt much besides some trivia like Yifanlu said. Ive barely read through it so Ill update if i see more.
Edit: A lot of good information in the DDI0406B_arm_architecture_reference_manual
That document is useful... to bad it doesn't make the leak any useful since that is public information that most developers already read: http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.js ... index.html

EDIT: I see now "This document is only available in a PDF version to registered ARM customers." but I swear I've read the content on ARM's website in the past.
That's good that I'm not the only one, I had some déjà vu moments reading over it. I could of swore I've read this else where too. A lot of it however I haven't seen before.
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

@yifanlu
how about the kernel reference, does it help dev to break vita's security (for UVL)?
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

dboyz wrote:@yifanlu
how about the kernel reference, does it help dev to break vita's security (for UVL)?
I haven't downloaded this one yet, but it sounds a lot like what I've heard of half a year ago, and if so, no, it's not useful at all.
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

yifanlu wrote:
I haven't downloaded this one yet, but it sounds a lot like what I've heard of half a year ago, and if so, no, it's not useful at all.
owh, icic..
basically d booklet is written as
"PSP2 Kernel Reference"
PSP2 Programmer Tool Runtime Library, Release 0.945
macstuff

Post by macstuff »

yifanlu wrote:
it actually IS the one from half a year ago
PSP 1004 dc 6a (white) 6.20 hbl r109 | PSP n1004 dc 9c (black) 6.35 PRO/HEN | PSV 1104 (black) 2.02 | PSV 10001 (white) eCFW 1.81
Corey96

Post by Corey96 »

So many copies on ftp, so many that are down... Anyway, don't post the links, you know the rules on illegal/copyrighted files.
My Devices
Why do you care that I have a...
PSP 3000 4g that I bricked,
An iPod Touch 4g running a 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak,
A PS Vita on 2.02 OFW running TN-C for... UNO!
And a Fat PS3 running 4.30 Rogero?

Return to “Programming and Security”