Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Finding the memory layout of the vita?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
garrei

Re: Finding the memory layout of the vita?

Post by garrei »

m0skit0 wrote:
garrei wrote:is there anywhere on the net where i can learn this stuff??
Well... no. It needs you to know a lot of stuff, and (reverse) engineer it. That is, knowing what stuff of all you know you should apply. The only way to learn hacking is actually (trying) doing it.
righto, ill start by following wololo's tutorials on finding savegame exploits.. i guess ill gain a bit of knowledge going through that... oh sh*t, i need a PSP for that aye... im off to ebay now. catchyas!
Advertising
My PC: AMD FX 8-core 4.2Ghz, 16gb RAM, GTX 580, 60gb SSD, Blu-ray Burner, WiFi, 1.5TB HDD, 1000W PSU, 27" Full HD Monitor
My PSP Slim 2002 - TA-085
My PS3 Slim 160GB 4.25 OFW
My Vita: WiFi only :(
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

I suggest you learn programming. Such tutorials are good, but won't teach you anything outside that exact type of exploit. Thus if anything, even if a detail, changes, you won't know what to do to keep going ;)
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
garrei

Post by garrei »

m0skit0 wrote:I suggest you learn programming. Such tutorials are good, but won't teach you anything outside that exact type of exploit. Thus if anything, even if a detail, changes, you won't know what to do to keep going ;)
Well i know some vb and python... does that help haha?
My PC: AMD FX 8-core 4.2Ghz, 16gb RAM, GTX 580, 60gb SSD, Blu-ray Burner, WiFi, 1.5TB HDD, 1000W PSU, 27" Full HD Monitor
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

garrei wrote:
m0skit0 wrote:I suggest you learn programming. Such tutorials are good, but won't teach you anything outside that exact type of exploit. Thus if anything, even if a detail, changes, you won't know what to do to keep going ;)
Well i know some vb and python... does that help haha?
Not really, you need something a bit more hardcore, need to understand the concepts of pointers, how ram is structured, etc... Books on computers architecture, assembly and C will definitely help you too.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

SymphoniC wrote:Is it just me, or is the RAM embedded with the CPU?

Vita teardown with pics and parts description:
http://www.ubmtechinsights.com/teardown ... n_id=13825
So this makes hardware dumping the ram either even harder or close to impossible (I remember the 360 had efuses that stored the CPU key inside the CPU, and it can't be extracted hardware-ly). So what other approach do we have? I'm still cheering for a devkit, lol.
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

yifanlu wrote:
SymphoniC wrote:Is it just me, or is the RAM embedded with the CPU?

Vita teardown with pics and parts description:
http://www.ubmtechinsights.com/teardown ... n_id=13825
So this makes hardware dumping the ram either even harder or close to impossible (I remember the 360 had efuses that stored the CPU key inside the CPU, and it can't be extracted hardware-ly). So what other approach do we have? I'm still cheering for a devkit, lol.
I have never heard abt leak of hardware dev-kit of PS1/2/3, PSP or whatever console.
So I would bet on either decap, which is rocket-science, or a bug in the MIPS emulator/hypervisor is found - now that it is rooted by Davee.
However, in theory a hypervisor could be bug-free, since it can consist of less than 10k lines of code.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

garrei wrote:Well i know some vb and python... does that help haha?
It definitely helps, but as wololo said, you need something that's lower level, such as C.
jigsaw wrote:in theory a hypervisor could be bug-free
There's no such thing as bug free stuff.

Anyway, all this is definitely useless talking. We need a PSVita to rip it off and see what can be done hardware-ly. My hardware skills are not awesome, but I definitely know a bit. I also know friends which can help, too. I lack instruments though, but I can get hand on some basic tools, and a PSV, too :lol:
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
garrei

Post by garrei »

mmmk thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)
SymphoniC

Post by SymphoniC »

Sony must be dang proud of their security staff. It would almost be foolish to think that they didn't learn from their past mistakes. I personally am starting to wonder if it's even feasible to hack the Vita taking this route.

When a 3rd party developer creates a Vita game, can they sign their software for play on the Vita with what they have, or do they have to send it to Sony to sign it for them?
sss0

Post by sss0 »

m0skit0 wrote:
garrei wrote:Well i know some vb and python... does that help haha?
It definitely helps, but as wololo said, you need something that's lower level, such as C.
jigsaw wrote:in theory a hypervisor could be bug-free
There's no such thing as bug free stuff.

Anyway, all this is definitely useless talking. We need a PSVita to rip it off and see what can be done hardware-ly. My hardware skills are not awesome, but I definitely know a bit. I also know friends which can help, too. I lack instruments though, but I can get hand on some basic tools, and a PSV, too :lol:
Couldn't resist, huh? :lol:
Hope to see what comes from you ;)
I could help hardware-wise, but college is keeping me too busy lately... (and money is running low :oops: ) But let's see how things resolve in the future...
Even though I think your friends and you are much more qualified than me :lol:

Return to “Programming and Security”