Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Doom Legacy & Enhanced PSPHexen Music Issues (FW 3.65)

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
Dagon

Doom Legacy & Enhanced PSPHexen Music Issues (FW 3.65)

Post by Dagon »

I recently discovered VHBL and was immediately excited by the prospect of playing Doom and the other classics on my Vita.
Unfortunately, I can't get music to work under anything running the Legacy engine r4.01 (Doom, Doom II, Heretic) or Enhanced PSPHexen v0.1. I'd played around with these homebrews on the PSP in the past and the music worked there just fine, and to my knowledge the folder structure shouldn't be any different on Vita. As it stands I've got mp3s for both games in the proper folders with the proper names, but no music plays during gameplay. The same problem exists with PROQuake as well, come to think of it.

Anyway, I couldn't find any recent information about these issues, nor any concrete answers from older posts, so if anyone has gotten these working on their Vita with VHBL, I'd sure appreciate some help! I can't imagine playing these games without the music, since to me that's half the experience.
Running Vita FW 3.65 and HVBL R163M.

Cheers!
Advertising

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”