Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita FTP not working

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
Kryptek

Vita FTP not working

Post by Kryptek »

I have successfully installed VHBL on 3.36 using Patapon 2 and installed the Filer 6.6 along with VitaFTP. Now when I start up each of them they work fine but when I try to connect to the IP address of VitaFTP via Filezilla it never connects and just keeps retrying. Anyone know of a solution? Is there something I'm missing? I have tried every tutorial and it still doesn't work, I have also tried connecting to the IP using different devices and it just times out, I also am connect to the same wifi. Thanks -Kryptek
Advertising
[spoiler]surprise!
[/spoiler]
Heathen711

Re: Vita FTP not working

Post by Heathen711 »

Same here, I've also noticed that when I'm in VHBL but not in VitaFTP you can connect via FTP and it will say that it has established a connection and is waiting for welcome message?
Advertising
jutley

Post by jutley »

same here
Cyberm

Post by Cyberm »

How weird guys, mine worked like a charm and it's the first time I hack my vita.
Doesn't it work on your local file explorer going to ftp://address ...?

The one I downloaded didn't have the filer, just a FTP (on DBZ Tag Team as base) and the VitaFTP, dunno if you have the same one.
jutley

Post by jutley »

I sorted it now duh i downloaded the server filezzilla instead of the client lol people don't make the same mistake lol.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Kryptek wrote:I have successfully installed VHBL on 3.36 using Patapon 2 and installed the Filer 6.6 along with VitaFTP. Now when I start up each of them they work fine but when I try to connect to the IP address of VitaFTP via Filezilla it never connects and just keeps retrying. Anyone know of a solution? Is there something I'm missing? I have tried every tutorial and it still doesn't work, I have also tried connecting to the IP using different devices and it just times out, I also am connect to the same wifi. Thanks -Kryptek
Both have to be connected to the same WIFI network.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Heathen711

Post by Heathen711 »

For some reason my windows machine won't connect with FileZilla but my MacBook and my iPhone ftp can, easy enough for me.
Kryptek

Post by Kryptek »

Hey The Zett do you think maybe it could be my router? I had some troubles with LAN a while ago which I don't think I resolved the problem.
[spoiler]surprise!
[/spoiler]
Heathen711

Post by Heathen711 »

Kryptek wrote:
Hey The Zett do you think maybe it could be my router? I had some troubles with LAN a while ago which I don't think I resolved the problem.
Doubtful, inside of a LAN the only real thing that messes with connections is firewalls or router port forwarding. More so the first then the second.

Easy test would be to try from from a mobile device to your computer (FileZilla server for windows OR sharing preferences of a Mac)

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”