Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Patapon 2 VHBL installer (3.36) (v3.2)

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
qwikrazor87
Guru

Re: [Release] Patapon 2 VHBL installer (3.36) (v3.2)

Post by qwikrazor87 »

b2p1mp wrote:Is there a way to install TN-C using Patapon II?
https://twitter.com/qwikrazor87/status/ ... 4882288640
Advertising
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
PSVITABOMBGOD

Post by PSVITABOMBGOD »

Hello all!!! I got the VHBL installed. All i need to know is how to get PSP filer installed. Try to zip it and this the way i did it psp/game.EBOOT.PBP then INSTALL.ZIP. But i dont know where or what to do its keeps coming up corrupted in content manager. Can i pleassse have the info on the steps on getting psp filer to work in VHBL. Thanks for reading. Much LOve!!!
Advertising
BrendanBeckmann

Post by BrendanBeckmann »

PSVITABOMBGOD wrote:Hello all!!! I got the VHBL installed. All i need to know is how to get PSP filer installed. Try to zip it and this the way i did it psp/game.EBOOT.PBP then INSTALL.ZIP. But i dont know where or what to do its keeps coming up corrupted in content manager. Can i pleassse have the info on the steps on getting psp filer to work in VHBL. Thanks for reading. Much LOve!!!
You first need to move the EBOOT.PBP into a folder structure that looks like PSP\GAME or PSP\VHBL. Which you use really won't matter, because it should still work after being installed. Using PSP\VHBL will save you clutter when using CMA though, as CMA can't read that folder, but it will come up as Corrupted Data when installed properly if put in PSP\GAME. Next, ZIP up PSP folder and name it INSTALL.ZIP. If you can select a compression level, select "Store". Move the ZIP file into a save data folder in your CMA directory, copy that data back to your Vita, launch VHBL - press L to access the folder structure and browse to your save data. Press X, it will ask if you'd like to install the homebrew, tap R and select Filer.
elgreko

Post by elgreko »

PSVITABOMBGOD wrote:Hello all!!! I got the VHBL installed. All i need to know is how to get PSP filer installed. Try to zip it and this the way i did it psp/game.EBOOT.PBP then INSTALL.ZIP. But i dont know where or what to do its keeps coming up corrupted in content manager. Can i pleassse have the info on the steps on getting psp filer to work in VHBL. Thanks for reading. Much LOve!!!
Installing PSPFiler: Download Here
1) Download from above link
2) Extract all files
3) Right-click the GAME folder and "add to archive" with WinRAR.
4) type: zip , compression level: store, name: INSTALL.ZIP (with CAPS)
5) transfer this INSTALL.ZIP to your vita via a save folder.
6) in VHBL, navigate to the save directory; VHBL will recognize INSTALL.ZIP and ask to install homebrew
ana3zoz

Post by ana3zoz »

Hi,
I'm currently on 3.36 and have patapon 2 installed but I don't have any other game as a base to signed with fake_np. I only have Megaman x4 +x5 as xpd file to sign and when I try to sign the PBP I got "DATA.PSAR isn't a NPUMDIMG! Open base MegamanX5.PBP failed!" error

any thoughts ?
DJBhardwaj

Post by DJBhardwaj »

ana3zoz wrote:Hi,
I'm currently on 3.36 and have patapon 2 installed but I don't have any other game as a base to signed with fake_np. I only have Megaman x4 +x5 as xpd file to sign and when I try to sign the PBP I got "DATA.PSAR isn't a NPUMDIMG! Open base MegamanX5.PBP failed!" error

any thoughts ?
You can use any small FULL PSP Game (not a Mini, nor an ISO, it should be bought from PSN) as base game. Also, a similar kind of issue has been discussed here, hope it gives you the right clue.
JaxxBlaxx

Post by JaxxBlaxx »

Just wondering, is the savedata problem fixed in the latest version? Or is still required for the savedata to be still there to run VHBL afterwards?
xellos2099

Post by xellos2099 »

With uno removed from psn store what would be the next cheapest base game i can use?
mvmiranda

Post by mvmiranda »

Sorry if I brought this very old threat back to life but I decided to answer @xellos2099 question
I'm using Crystal Defenders in my 3.18 for bubble creation. It's fairly cheap and small (less than 11mb)
I will try to install this VHBL in another 3.35 console so I can have ark as bubble later on, for testing.

Can anyone confirm Crystal Defenders still works for 3.3x?

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”