Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Unable to Save on VHBL,gPsP .

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
BlueDragon

Unable to Save on VHBL,gPsP .

Post by BlueDragon »

I am able to add games and such on the psp vita homebrew but the GPsP is not saving any of the games that i played on it.I played like Ex. One piece,FF tatics, on the Gpsp emu and after i saved and turned off the emu all my save files and gone,so i would need to replay the whole thing from the start again, it will be terrible to continue like this,can any help me?

note* i have been following the instructions from forum and such my files name or placement have not been changed nor i have not saved it without "store".
Advertising
TelcoLou

Re: Unable to Save on VHBL,gPsP .

Post by TelcoLou »

Hmm. What version of Gpsp are you using? Do save states work?
Advertising
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

TelcoLou wrote:Hmm. What version of Gpsp are you using? Do save states work?
how do i check for the version? i have not tested out the save sates yet but game like super mario and zelda are getting errors for it
TelcoLou

Post by TelcoLou »

I meant, where did you download it from? Did you get it from this link? viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10859

^^ There's a VHBL - ready save there, which is the one I'm using. Let me verify if regular saves work.

Edit: RAM saves work fine for me, I checked Bookworm & Baulder's Gate.
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!
mononoke22

Post by mononoke22 »

I have exactly the same problem, no matter which version of gPSP I use it's just impossible to save.
Lots of games won't even work, and display "Corrupt save data" (or something like this).

Any idea? :cry:
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

TelcoLou wrote:I meant, where did you download it from? Did you get it from this link? viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10859

^^ There's a VHBL - ready save there, which is the one I'm using. Let me verify if regular saves work.

are you able to play mario or zelda without the save corrupted aside the saving issuse?
vcb04

Post by vcb04 »

mononoke22 wrote:I have exactly the same problem, no matter which version of gPSP I use it's just impossible to save.
Lots of games won't even work, and display "Corrupt save data" (or something like this).

Are you trying to transfer old saves? I've found in my experience that you couldn't transfer old saves from the fresh installation of the emu (now adding them later with psplorer I'm still unsure of) I installed my gpsp (ver. 3.4 test 3 rev 152) with old saves then deleted them w/psplorer and it wouldn't even make saves.
Last edited by vcb04 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I raise my voice and I shout out loud, "I got the Triforce and I am proud!"-Legend of Zelda Rap by 5-3 Federation
vcb04

Post by vcb04 »

BlueDragon wrote:
TelcoLou wrote:I meant, where did you download it from? Did you get it from this link? viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10859

are you able to play mario or zelda without the save corrupted aside the saving issuse?
I myself have not found a work around for this.

Edit: mybad on the double post
I raise my voice and I shout out loud, "I got the Triforce and I am proud!"-Legend of Zelda Rap by 5-3 Federation
mononoke22

Post by mononoke22 »

vcb04 wrote:
mononoke22 wrote:I have exactly the same problem, no matter which version of gPSP I use it's just impossible to save.

Are you trying to transfer old saves? I've found in my experience that you couldn't transfer old saves from the fresh installation of the emu (now adding them later with psplorer I'm still unsure of) I installed my gpsp (ver. 3.4 test 3 rev 152) with old saves then deleted them w/psplorer and it wouldn't even make saves.
I'm not trying to transfer old saves, I'm talking about a "fresh" install of gPsP.

I wouldn't mind it that much to be honest (there's still save states), but the thing is a handful of games won't even launch because of this :/
vcb04

Post by vcb04 »

mononoke22 wrote:
vcb04 wrote:

I'm not trying to transfer old saves, I'm talking about a "fresh" install of gPsP.

I wouldn't mind it that much to be honest (there's still save states), but the thing is a handful of games won't even launch because of this :/
Do you have sram on auto or exit only? And how are you exiting the emu, start+select or are you using the emus exit function?

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”