Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Official VHBL Homebrews + Downloads Thread

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl

Is this page useful?

Yes
93%
No
2%
Maybe
5%

Total votes: 1165

fouadtjuhmaster

Re: Working vHBL Homebrews + Download Links

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

Rekka wrote:I have problem with SNES9xTYL, it doesn't run smooth. In some games it runs ok but some have slow speed.
I've tryed to change PSP clockspeed, video engine, Vsync, sound output freq and sound mode.. When sound mode is Not emulated or emulated no output the game runs fine. :?
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
I don't know, i don't have that problem
Advertising
eric264

Post by eric264 »

Rekka wrote:I have problem with SNES9xTYL, it doesn't run smooth. In some games it runs ok but some have slow speed.
I've tryed to change PSP clockspeed, video engine, Vsync, sound output freq and sound mode.. When sound mode is Not emulated or emulated no output the game runs fine. :?

I'm no expert, but it seems like some sprite layers may slow down the emulator. For instance, Super Metroid runs at 60fps through 99% of gameplay, but if I run near the spotlight at the beginning or set off a power bomb (both yellow overlay effects, maybe on the same sprite layer), my FPS drops to practically nothing.

Just a guess. I haven't been through the emulator settings much, but there may be a way to disable these sprite layers. My way around it up until now has been to set frameskip to Auto and just deal with the frameskipping coming and going.
Advertising
fouadtjuhmaster

eric264 wrote:

I'm no expert, but it seems like some sprite layers may slow down the emulator. For instance, Super Metroid runs at 60fps through 99% of gameplay, but if I run near the spotlight at the beginning or set off a power bomb (both yellow overlay effects, maybe on the same sprite layer), my FPS drops to practically nothing.

Just a guess. I haven't been through the emulator settings much, but there may be a way to disable these sprite layers. My way around it up until now has been to set frameskip to Auto and just deal with the frameskipping coming and going.
Your not a expert? I think you are :mrgreen:
Clarkal

Post by Clarkal »

Has anyone tried CPS1,CPS2,MVS emulator yet?, i got it to work but it seem much slower then psp version of the game might be no kernel access or its slow without .prx loader. Can anyone try it out and see how it goes, hopefully its not memory card read speed problem.
fouadtjuhmaster

Clarkal wrote:Has anyone tried CPS1,CPS2,MVS emulator yet?, i got it to work but it seem much slower then psp version of the game might be no kernel access or its slow without .prx loader. Can anyone try it out and see how it goes, hopefully its not memory card read speed problem.
Its not your memory card, i also have that problem!
Rekka

Post by Rekka »

eric264 wrote:

Thanks will try when I get home.
Clarkal

Post by Clarkal »

thanks for testing emulator needs kernel access and i should be running full speed.Replying using vita really good browser to bad no flash and thml 5 yet.
fouadtjuhmaster

Clarkal wrote:thanks for testing emulator needs kernel access and i should be running full speed.Replying using vita really good browser to bad no flash and thml 5 yet.
*html ;)
eric264

Post by eric264 »

I keep hearing about DaedalusX64 working (even with low framerate), but I can't seem to find a working version. Any chance we could get one in this thread?
jackbone

Post by jackbone »

Can someone post a workin Version of KurokPSP.

Thx

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”