Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

vitaQuakeIII - What am I doing wrong & Maps?

Villordsutch

vitaQuakeIII - What am I doing wrong & Maps?

Post by Villordsutch »

(Apologies if some have read this I accidentally posted it in the official games thread by mistake)

Hello,

I've recently installed vitaQuakeIII as it looks fantastic, however I've got a feeling I may have done something wrong due to the repeated error message I'm getting (see screenshot). Out of the numerous servers, which I filtered through, I've managed to get into only one so far and unfortunately I was disconnected from that on the second transition due to not having the map installed.

To see if I can fix the Error Message issue, I've uninstalled the program, made sure the data files where removed from the DATA folder on the PS Vita. rebooted the Vita and redownloaded the necessary files from Vita DB. Reinstalling the VPK and dragging across the ioq3 folder to the DATA folder (then rebooted again), but still the message returns for a very large proportion of the servers. This is leading me to believe that I'm missing something from my install, but what?

My other wonder is along the lines of maps. Clearly I'm missing one map, but I'm guessing I'm going to be missing a fair few. Is there a good list of maps (and possibly mods) I can tap into to download and place into a folder, to make sure that when I do get to play I'm not politely left at the side of the road for I don't have the correct toys?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: vitaQuakeIII - What am I doing wrong & Maps?

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Multiplayer online can cause crashes due to memory issues and/or missing maps.
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Villordsutch

Re: vitaQuakeIII - What am I doing wrong & Maps?

Post by Villordsutch »

So my maps questions may be more relevant than I actually thought. Can I possibly ask, you wouldn't know perhaps a handful of maps which are on top rotation which I'd do well in grabbing and installing on my Vita?

Return to “Homebrews”