Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Getting PSN games on 3.36

Sam Alex

Getting PSN games on 3.36

Post by Sam Alex »

I have a 3.36 vita and a PS TV updated to 3.52. Can I put my Vita card in the TV and download a game then move it back over to the Vita and use it without having to update?
Advertising
PS Vita 1001 : 3.36 PHP Exploit
PSP N1001 : 6.61 LME 2.3
Cyber

Re: Getting PSN games on 3.36

Post by Cyber »

Sam Alex wrote:I have a 3.36 vita and a PS TV updated to 3.52. Can I put my Vita card in the TV and download a game then move it back over to the Vita and use it without having to update?
Memcard can't be swapped this easily because the last firmware version it was used with is saved in a file stored on it. You can damage that file and older Vita will then accept the memcard without asking for update, but even then the game itself may require higher firmware version than you're running, and there' s no workaround for that as of now.
Generally speaking, you'll want to download your game with an updated Vita, back it up with OpenCMA/QCMA to PC and restore the backed up game on older Vita (with the same PSN account on it as was used on a newer Vita to download the game). I can't confirm that this works with Vita+PS TV combination myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Advertising

Return to “Homebrews”