Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Screenshot capture for PSP/PS1 games?

squall_789

Screenshot capture for PSP/PS1 games?

Post by squall_789 »

Hey Guys.

I remember quite a while back there was a screenshot capture plugin for the PSP but it used a CFW that doesn't work with the Vita at all (the name escapes me now), I was wondering if theres a similar thing for the VHBL or ARK at all.

I know lots of old PSP plugins, such as CWcheat (sadly) doesn't work on vita, so it might be the same case with this one. It'd probably need Kernal access in order to run alongside your PSP game, correct me if I'm wrong.
Advertising
The Z
VIP

Re: Screenshot capture for PSP/PS1 games?

Post by The Z »

*kernel

PRXShot should work.
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
squall_789

Post by squall_789 »

Thanks for the link.

But I'm a bit confused, for the install it says
Copy the prxshot directory to the seplugins directory (or anywhere you want) and add the plugin to the game.txt file (and/or vsh.txt if you want to).
I don't have an seplugins directory, so after a google I found that you should put the path to the plugin in your GAME.TXT file, which resides in your games EXPLOIT folder (so NPEG00011KEXPLOIT if using NUMBLAST I guess), but I don't actually have an exploit folder, I've got VHBL and ARK, and I used the custom bubble feature to get a certain game working on the vita. So I'm unsure exactly where this should be placed now.
corbin92

Post by corbin92 »

In order to get the plugins to work on ARK, you need to make a PLUGINS.TXT file and put it into the savegame folder of your exploit. So place it in the ARK_12345 save data folder.

I used this for the contents of the PLUGINS.TXT folder.
[spoiler]umdemu,ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat.prx,on
pops,ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat.prx,on
game,ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat.prx,on
game,ms0:/seplugins/TempAR/tempar.prx,on
umdemu,ms0:/seplugins/TempAR/tempar.prx,on
pops,ms0:/seplugins/TempAR/tempar_pops.prx,on[/spoiler]
squall_789 wrote:I know lots of old PSP plugins, such as CWcheat (sadly) doesn't work on vita, so it might be the same case with this one. It'd probably need Kernal access in order to run alongside your PSP game, correct me if I'm wrong.
CWCheat and TempAR both work. I use them. I'll try PRXShot and see if there's a way I can help. If I remember right, PRXShot has a customizable button config file, but I might be remembering a different plugin I haven't used in 3 years.

EDIT: I got it to work. Create the PLUGINS.TXT folder like I did above and add this line into it.
[spoiler]game,ms0:/seplugins/prxshot/prxshot++.prx,on[/spoiler]
Also, go into the prxshot.ini file using notepad (or, more preferably, notepad++), look for the line that says "ScreenshotKey = 0x800000 # NOTE". Change the part that says "0x800000" to "0x000101". Then open your game that you want to take screenshots of using ARK and press L and Select at the same time. Ta-da! Screenshots have been taken! Go into PSPFiler and open up PSP/SCREENSHOTS to view them!
I exist only to show that I once existed; A Vagrant Soul with a story to tell.
~Me
PSN ID: CorbinR92
Systems Owned
PSP-1001
PS Vita Slim - 3.36 w/TN-V
PS3 (Shared with Family)
Contact Info/Websites
Tumblr
Facebook
Twitter
KIK: CorbinR92
squall_789

Post by squall_789 »

Thanks corbin92, I'll give that a shot then.

So CWCheat works too huh, interesting, thanks a bunch, sounds like you went a bit out of your way to test, much appreciated.
corbin92

Post by corbin92 »

squall_789 wrote:Thanks corbin92, I'll give that a shot then.

So CWCheat works too huh, interesting, thanks a bunch, sounds like you went a bit out of your way to test, much appreciated.
No prob! I had a bunch of questions about the plugins as well. It was confusing at first, since I was only used to the way to add them on the PSP, but after reading different posts on the forums and piecing the instructions together, I finally got it to work. So, why not pass what I learned onto those who are looking for the same information? :)
I exist only to show that I once existed; A Vagrant Soul with a story to tell.
~Me
PSN ID: CorbinR92
Systems Owned
PSP-1001
PS Vita Slim - 3.36 w/TN-V
PS3 (Shared with Family)
Contact Info/Websites
Tumblr
Facebook
Twitter
KIK: CorbinR92

Return to “Homebrews”