Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Streets of Rage Remake

thatguy0804

Streets of Rage Remake

Post by thatguy0804 »

Just Curious. The Streets of Rage remake was almost made for the psp. But it couldnt get past the main menu. Do you think it would be possible to get it working on the vita?

Edit: I am sorry if this comes off as a stupid question. I have not had a chance to play with a hacked vita. I am just wondering if with the recent innovations if its possible.From what I have seen I was wondering if it could utilize the vitas power or would have to run in the psp emulator within the vita itself. Thats my thinking anyway from what Ive seen that's how home brew works on the vita currently right?
Advertising
thatguy0804

Re: Streets of Rage Remake

Post by thatguy0804 »

over 6 months and no reply i am assuming no....
Advertising
spawned21

Post by spawned21 »

thatguy0804 wrote:over 6 months and no reply i am assuming no....
A vita on TN-V is locked down to about the same power as a psp 1000 because its in the PSP emulator

so no not now and im not sure when or ever
thatguy0804

Post by thatguy0804 »

Here is the issue. The psp can run it. However the developer had issues getting it do things a bit differently then the port did. It was feasible, but he didnt have enough knowledge to complete it.
If anyone would like to take a look I would be happy to link you to what he had posted.
thatguy0804

Post by thatguy0804 »

Also if it spurs development I would gladly contribute 50 bucks to someone who can get it working correctly.
thatguy0804

Post by thatguy0804 »

If anyone wants I can also provide links to what happened I may up the ante if anyone thinks its feasible.
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

Are yall referring to that BOR mod from a few years ago? Or maybe the BOR mod I'm thinking of is called SOR 4. Anyways, there was an uber-duper awesome SOR BOR mod from a few years ago, that couldn't be run on a PSP due to it requiring scripts to run IIRC. WHatever it's called I'd LOVE it if somebody could/would port it to the PSP.
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
thatguy0804

Post by thatguy0804 »

No. Beats of Rage was great but this was built as a standalone home brew. Streets or Rage Remake was made for the pc and ported to the original xbox. The psp port was being made but and its a big ****, couldn't get past the character selection screen it crashed when loading the level. Apparently beats of rage loaded the audio correctly. The developer said something about how it loaded things differently then the pc and xbox version and that he knew he could change it so that audio and a few other things loaded through different means similar to beats of rage to function on psp but didn't have the knowledge to complete it.......... I agree though it would be really nice if someone was to pick this up I would throw some money at them but no one has stepped to the plate yet.
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

Yeah it's actually quite impressive what some of these devs are able to do with homebrew on the PSP, that many say it's "not capable of doing". OpenBOR is a great example. I forgot which one of the devs/moderators from Chrono Crash (the new home in place of the old Lavalit) was told something along those lines, as far as OBOR being ported to the PSP: Not possible. Well not only was it possible, but it runs AMAZINGLY WELL. All it takes is a talented enough and determined enough dev.. Not that "anything is possible", but so much more than many initially have thought, and been proven wrong on.
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
thatguy0804

Post by thatguy0804 »

Everyone know its possible. Just needs a little tlc to finish what was started

Return to “Homebrews”