Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Using licence from cartridge to boot a digital version?!

Discuss official PS Vita games here
P3T3

Using licence from cartridge to boot a digital version?!

Post by P3T3 »

Ok so trying to boot my dumped black ops declassified with no luck...
Now im thinking if I can get the pkg direct download from sony, install, install licence do you think this will work? I own the game just dont like have it on cartridge!
If I can get the PKG to install I dont see any reason for this not to work, trying to dump and install dos not work for me!
if any one has pkg link or knows where I can get it please PM me link,
Thanks
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Re: Using licence from cartridge to boot a digital version?!

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

P3T3 wrote:Ok so trying to boot my dumped black ops declassified with no luck...
Now im thinking if I can get the pkg direct download from sony, install, install licence do you think this will work? I own the game just dont like have it on cartridge!
If I can get the PKG to install I dont see any reason for this not to work, trying to dump and install dos not work for me!
if any one has pkg link or knows where I can get it please PM me link,
Thanks
I want to say no it's not possible. Besides, if you try installing via package installer it will fail since that game will have DRM.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Cart games don't have license files.
Like is it such a difficult concept to understand? I have seen this same thing asked a few times now and I just don't get it.
The license riff is made by the SCE servers using your account info to tie the activation of a game to you, If you did this with a cart then only one person could use it.

I could keep going but the "jist" of it is no carts don't have licenses and no you can activate a digital version with it.
Well to be fair you can actually temporarily boot a cart game without the cart but its a real pain.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
P3T3

Post by P3T3 »

1: Of course I dumped the rif from cartridge so they have licences, it is me only to use this to save on carts, if it works people can do with there OWN game!!!
2: If we can install ps1 pkgs in IDU mode its worth a try so both of what you are saying is incorrect!
3: Any one have any thing else they would like to add apart from a link and help, things are never achieved in not trying ?!?!?!
4: Need to get the link for pkg and test!
FeitX

Post by FeitX »

fate6 wrote:Cart games don't have license files.
Like is it such a difficult concept to understand? I have seen this same thing asked a few times now and I just don't get it.
The license riff is made by the SCE servers using your account info to tie the activation of a game to you, If you did this with a cart then only one person could use it.

I could keep going but the "jist" of it is no carts don't have licenses and no you can activate a digital version with it.
Well to be fair you can actually temporarily boot a cart game without the cart but its a real pain.
AFAIK, cart games do have licenses, take Child of Light for example, warez releases are dumps of full carts and when you try to install it using Major Tom and Mr. Gas' trick, you'll only get a demo out of it without the appropriate license.
"Either do something stupid or write something stupid"
-LeMe

Return to “Games”