Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Good turn based RPG's?

Discuss official PS Vita games here
ind3x-gosu

Good turn based RPG's?

Post by ind3x-gosu »

Hey everybody,

i didn't use my vita much the last few months, but now it catched me again.
I just updated to 3.35 (I am patient, can wait for the next exploit).
Well back to topic, I'm a huge fan of turn based rpg and strategy games.

I played A LOT FF X (2) HD and Persona 4 Golden, do you know other good games for Vita in that genre?

Thanks in advance!
Advertising
andomamo2

Re: Good turn based RPG's?

Post by andomamo2 »

I play a lot of rpg's, I play some oldies like Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest, games like Atelier Iris and the Tales Of... games. Final fantasy is great of course. I also like some action rpg games too like Legend of Mana, Alundra, Kingdom Hearts. for psvita I dont know too many games for it really but I've been interested in Muramasa, and Toukiden. if you like dynasty warriors you should get the Dynasty warriors 8 XL.. but back to rpgs, I loved Lufia back on snes it had a great story and some good gameplay too. I have a ton of favorites!
Advertising
ind3x-gosu

Post by ind3x-gosu »

Thanks for the fast answer. I got many Gems in my ROM-Collection, but there not really much more native Vita games, right? Thats a shame imo, such a great genre... But I'll have a look into the 2 you mentioned, thanks. Hope to hear more, maybe we collect some more awesome games from this genre.
joshbarnettlloyd

Post by joshbarnettlloyd »

For the vita unfortunately not so many. Legend of heroes trails in the sky was good and part two will hopefully be out by end of year. I love jrpg games but the vita has been disappointing.
Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 »

Natural Doctrine is a Tactical turn based RPG.

I couldn't get into it but it could be worth a look.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is one of my favourites for PSP if you haven't checked that out?
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

The Atelier series is definitely worth a look for turn-based fans. I've only played Atelier Totori, and I was pleasantly surprised. Turn-based battles are not robust like Final Fantasy and Persona though, but it's not bad. The rest of the game (crafting, exploring, questing) is great too though. I've heard that Atelier Meruru and Rorona are actually better than Totori in terms of gameplay improvements too. The only problem is that they are digital only, and run a little expensive. I've seen them on sale every now and then though.

I grew up playing all the Final Fantasy series, so I would say I'm a pretty big turn-based fan (I also own Persona 4 Golden and FFX and X2). I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed if you give the Atelier series a try. Technically the story is Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru, but I had no problem jumping into Totori.

@andomamo2:
You definitely need to try Muramasa. I owned it on the Wii, and never regretting getting it for my Vita too. Tight controls and it is absolutely GORGEOUS. I've never played a game where I would just sit to enjoy the scenery, except Muramasa. Fun for the look into feudal Japanese mythology too.
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The sidekick is NOT to ditch the hero!"
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness
Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days
Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention
Disgaea 4 A promise revisited

Turn based JRPG goodness of its finest!!

Now go and play yourself to heII and back muahahah :twisted:
(BTW a perfect series, all parts are available for the vita. For the psp 1 and 2 are available.)
Last edited by Thrawn on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.
Judahel

Post by Judahel »

If you are looking for a pearl of that genre. I suggest to play Blazing souls Accelate with a good walkthrough.
The game starts a little hard but try to play more than 3-4 hours and you'll understand how epic this game is. Arts are divine
I suggest the dubbed version but is'nt for vita.

Second, another pearl probably forgot by someone here is the best game imo on the psp and it's a tactical rpg
......Jeanne D'arc. Amazing anime story with simple but fun tactics.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

Rainbow Moon is a good turn based game. I can also tell you Muramasa, while not turned based, is AMAZING! Also, if you want a great action rpg, SAO Hollow Fragment is definitely worth the money! It's amazing! The Disgaea games are all good as well.
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website
ind3x-gosu

Post by ind3x-gosu »

I think I'll give the Disgea Series a try, it always didn't seem to fit my tasting too much, but it is mentioned almost always when it comes to turn based games, so I'll give it a try :)

Thanks to all of you!

Return to “Games”