Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Borderlands 2 PS Vita Gameplay and Impressions

Discuss official PS Vita games here
artmaze7

Borderlands 2 PS Vita Gameplay and Impressions

Post by artmaze7 »

If you are deciding on getting borderlands 2 on the playstation vita and want to see some gameplay/intro, here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K21UGwS0ew

Impressions:
solid game
usually 30 fps, if not just a bit lower
graphics are beautiful (for the vita)
co-op is insanely fun
haven't ran into any bugs
controls are okay
AAA port for the ps vita! :D

Interested? Lemme know what you think below.

Thanks for watching!

-Artmaze
Advertising
Last edited by artmaze7 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud PS Vita YouTuber w/ 4,000+ subscribers! <3 My Channel

Former tester of Coldbird's ARK eCFW (before it got leaked)

Follow me @Artmaze_
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Borderlands 2 PS Vita Gameplay and Impressions

Post by fate6 »

Yes it was a solid game.... 3 years ago.

Usually 30 frames? Well all things considered I think this is good. ^__^

Graphics are beautiful? No not even 3 years ago on PC was it "beautiful", Cell shading always looks good but you are out of your mind if you think this is top tier.

Co-op is very fun indeed but the 2 player limit is very bad.

No bugs? Well I guess its a solid game for the most part but trust me there are plenty of bugs in all versions of the game.

"AAA" is honestly a bad thing these days, And no this is not "AAA" by any definition of the term.

Still tho for people that somehow haven't played the game or like the game enough to play it again I say go for it, All the people that have been complaining about a lack of "western" games need to step up if they want more.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

fate6 wrote:Yes it was a solid game.... 3 years ago.

Usually 30 frames? Well all things considered I think this is good. ^__^

Graphics are beautiful? No not even 3 years ago on PC was it "beautiful", Cell shading always looks good but you are out of your mind if you think this is top tier.

Co-op is very fun indeed but the 2 player limit is very bad.

No bugs? Well I guess its a solid game for the most part but trust me there are plenty of bugs in all versions of the game.

"AAA" is honestly a bad thing these days, And no this is not "AAA" by any definition of the term.

Still tho for people that somehow haven't played the game or like the game enough to play it again I say go for it, All the people that have been complaining about a lack of "western" games need to step up if they want more.

you are WAAAAAAAY to dang picky starting with the fact that you need more then 30fps.....
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I am sorry for demanding quality from video games?
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

fate6 wrote:I am sorry for demanding quality from video games?
I'm sorry that nobody is as perfect as you.... :roll:
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Everything fate said above.

If you're a big fan, and I mean a BIG fan, of the Borderlands series then buy it otherwise I wouldn't personally.

I have it for the PS3 so I don't want to buy it again and do the same s*it all over again and waste more money on a game I already own...
deathblade200 wrote:
fate6 wrote:I am sorry for demanding quality from video games?
I'm sorry that nobody is as perfect as you.... :roll:
Yet publishers/developers think it's a good idea to release games they see fit as being "perfect" for consumer use? Pleaaaaasseee... If I pay £40/$60 for a game then it best be perfect.
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
hinata

Post by hinata »

Sure its a solid game however majority of games released nowadays are solid.
30 FPS is pretty good considering the hardware it is running on, I don't have much of an issue here as long as the frame drops aren't too sudden and noticeable.
Subjective, personally I like the cel shaded style but thats a personal thing.
Didn't know co-op was limited to only 2 people but I guess that would be pretty limiting to most people, personally I don't play online or with anyone else so its not a big deal to me.
Every game has bugs but as long as its not gamebreaking then there is no problem here.
Subjective, depending on your definition of AAA is.

My thoughts? Its a decent port so fans of the game have something to play on the platform however for others there really isn't much here sadly.
PS Vita 1002 - OFW 3.51 Rejuvenate
PS Vita 2002 - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
Vita TV - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
will164035

Post by will164035 »

Well ive read a lot of negativity about it, but so far i'm enjoying it, and i played at least 300 hours of it on my PC... Sure, theres some issues, like texture pop-in framerate dips and lags, the controls arent perfect, but its borderlands, its still awesome. The game isnt exactly about stealth or precision shooting, or at least that i was aware (amd yes, i HAVE played TVHM on my PC, i have a maxed siren, so i do kinda know what i'm talking about). Imho, the frame dips are noticable, but it doesnt really make a difference gameply wise. I personally dont notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps, and don't get how anybody would be able to physically tell without having something show them the fps. Ive noticed that theres is some lag when switching between inventory tabs or buying/selling things, but its nothing horrendous, maybe 1/2 second tops. All in all im happy with it, and i bought a second vita just to play it early ;D
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Casavult wrote: Yet publishers/developers think it's a good idea to release games they see fit as being "perfect" for consumer use? Pleaaaaasseee... If I pay £40/$60 for a game then it best be perfect.
Yea I spent $120 on Battlefield 4 and look at that >.>
fate6 wrote: Usually 30 frames? Well all things considered I think this is good. ^__^
Im hearing it drops as far as 15fps in the Sanctuary.

I think I might buy it though. Primarily because its the only thing major to come out since Killzone.
monte carlo

Post by monte carlo »

I bought the retail copy (cartridge) yesterday and so far, I am pleased with it. Maybe it runs better than the downloaded version, I don't know. I have not played the PS3 version as it was in my backlog of games to play that I never got around to so, I can not compare them. Also I have not reached Sanctuary yet but I will update when I get there as I hear complaints about the frame rate. That being said, this game has been a great addition for the Vita and I look forward to more games that have this kind of value based on play time. I am tired of 20 hour games and $40 for 100+ hours of gameplay is a good value in my opinion for a system that was not getting very much use by me lately. At this time I recommend picking it up and showing the devs that good games for the Vita do have a market and people will buy them. Here's to hoping for Fallout or Elder Scrolls (Morrowind specifically) in the future if remakes are what this system is doomed for.

Return to “Games”