Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

----

Discuss official PS Vita games here
emoinua123
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 am

----

Post by emoinua123 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:27 pm

----
Advertising
Last edited by emoinua123 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SsJVasto
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by SsJVasto » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Not a single day goes by that my PSVita doesn't get used. I've bought a couple physical-copy games, bought a couple online and got some free from Playstation+. The games I've been playing in August are:
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Soul Sacrifice
  • Resistance: Burning Skies
  • Killzone: Mercenary BETA
  • LIMBO
Ok, the list of games isn't as impressive as in Japan, but it's getting there. And I think that Developers will finally see what the Vita can do thanks to Killzone, and it will get a lot more love now that there has been a pricedrop.
Advertising
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);

User avatar
Obito
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by Obito » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:33 pm

I prey for J-Stars Victory VS to leave Japan when it's released. :roll:
Also, I've heard it's gonna be a Duke Nukem 3D port to Vita (crossfingers).
In the meanwhile, in Europe we're still waiting for a proper Metal Slug Anthology like the one in US. (double crossfingers xD).

Also, I have intention of buying Gravity Rush as soon as I spot it on a physical store :D

SsJVasto
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by SsJVasto » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Obito wrote:I prey for J-Stars Victory VS to leave Japan when it's released. :roll:
You could import it and play anyway (gotta know Japanese, though)
Import J-Stars Victory VS from Japan
Obito wrote:Also, I've heard it's gonna be a Duke Nukem 3D port to Vita (crossfingers).
If that's true, I'll pre-order faster than a kid closing a **** webpage when his parents walk in!
Obito wrote:In the meanwhile, in Europe we're still waiting for a proper Metal Slug Anthology like the one in US. (double crossfingers xD).
Why? This aint no Nintendo system. You can play games from any region on any (recent) Sony system. Region-Free is true for PSP, PS3, PSVita and will probably also be with PS4. The only reason you can't do it on PS2 is because of the PAL vs NTSC screen formats. Now that devices use Digital Output (HDMI, Component), this is no longer an issue (The PS3 asks the TV what resolution it's expecting, 60Hz or 50Hz).
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);

User avatar
Obito
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by Obito » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:49 pm

SsJVasto wrote: Why? This aint no Nintendo system. You can play games from any region on any (recent) Sony system. Region-Free is true for PSP, PS3, PSVita and will probably also be with PS4. The only reason you can't do it on PS2 is because of the PAL vs NTSC screen formats. Now that devices use Digital Output (HDMI, Component), this is no longer an issue (The PS3 asks the TV what resolution it's expecting, 60Hz or 50Hz).
Because MS Anthology is a PSP game, which means you have to buy it UMD or through PSN, and PSN version it's not available from an EU PSN account :P
Not that I care actually, since now I'm playing it through VHBL hahah, I just wanted to have thropies, and all that.

SsJVasto
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:24 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by SsJVasto » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:55 pm

What's wrong with buying a UMD?

Edit: Also, what do you mean Trophies? PSP doesn't support trophies...?
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);

User avatar
Obito
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by Obito » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:27 pm

SsJVasto wrote:What's wrong with buying a UMD?

Edit: Also, what do you mean Trophies? PSP doesn't support trophies...?
Oh well, I guess then it won't have thropies haha. Anyway I wanted to have it genuine, but since were talking about Vita, you see I can't get the UMD version anyway xD.

User avatar
Faltimar
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:07 am

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by Faltimar » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:08 pm

There are plenty of games available on Vita.
Image

danibluff
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: veracruz, mexico

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by danibluff » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:37 pm

i thin i got your point since i bought a vita to play games as the ps3 and multiplayer online, as the ps3, but, after months, i just feel like stupid, i was scamed?? NO

i bought because i "tought..." but there are like 5 or more aaa games with a medium quality (i liked uncharted and soul sacrifice) but i was dissatisfy with cod, or burning skies, or assasins creeds, and killzone, huh another talk about it...

vita need more time (5 years?) to be treat as it is, a powerfull handheld, but its just a matter of time, i never played the indies, because im not a real gamer, just a casual one, just sit and wait (or sell till they release a good bunch of good games)
PSN: Danielsky117

User avatar
watswat5
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: disappointment for the us psvita....

Post by watswat5 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 am

The only reason my PS Vita ever gets neglected is because I'm either at home or school, and I get caught up with console and PC gaming.
There are some real gems that make it worth putting down the keyboard, however.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution." - Robert Sewell

Post Reply

Return to “Games”