Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What can save the Vita

Discuss official PS Vita games here
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: What can save the Vita

Post by fate6 »

I don't want ports I would much rather a new Vita specific game be made of those franchises
If you want your CoD esque regurgitation then fine but obviously most don't

BTW the plan is to be able to use Gaikai for playing all PS3 games so ports would be pointless
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
BonnieBon

Post by BonnieBon »

I think, that the free to play mmo Phantasy star online 2 would make the vita more attractive, but most likely phantasy star online 2 wont appear in the usa or in europe :S.
Advertising
tigahawk

Post by tigahawk »

remove some of the restrictions that make the device so locked down. IT has so much potential and is being held back by nothing but corproate greed.

Let it play PS1 and PS2 games.

Partner up with google and allow the vita to get the google play store, and run apps/games from it.

Allow USB access without open CMA so it can be used as a USB storage device for copying files/folders/stuff

Fix the screen glare issues so they can proudly market it as a portable device, not a device that is portable but cannot be used in high sunlight/artificial light areas due to glare & inability to see what the screen is displaying.

Remove the hardware lock on the 3G vita's so people can choose a carrier they actually want. The 3G Vita sales in Australia have been laughworthey (to the point you will have trouble finding a 3G vita as they've stopped ordering them in as noone buy's them...) as they locked it to Vodafone - the company that lost around 70% of their customer base due to their core infastructure being badly maintaned, could nto make calls, text, access the web or even recharge your prepaid credit for a few months at one point. Oh and they seriously overcharge for the data on the Vita plans. I can grab a 12gig data sim from Telstra for $59 a month, where i'll be paying the same for 8gig, plus my uploads are counted towards my download limit with Vodafone. (http://www.dropbeargaming.com/2012/02/v ... a-pricing/) Even tho they love to use the defense "Australian's are willing to pay more!" it's blatantly obvious we have serious objections to being bent over and reemed in the **** in the name of profits for no justifiable reason other than "they can"

For the 3g models as well, let the vita act as a phone. People will do it, heck i've done it using skype and wifi when i was out of prepaid phone credit (you look less stupid with headphones plugged in and merely talkign to the Vita rather than having the whole thing up to your head :P)

Impliment the game sharing system they've been showing off for the PS4 for digital copy's. Select the person on your friends list, then the game you want to share, and how long you want to share it for. It locks out your game but makes it avaliable for your friend to download and play for that specific time duration. heck take it a step further, allow game trading, make the trading a PS+ exclusive thing if they are going to get really butthurt about profits lost from resales.

Allow the Vita to be charged via USB, rather than having to buy a small rechargable battery to charge it. That should also go with the anti-glare thing as they both effect portability - play it on teh way to work, need to charge it while your at work so you can play it on the way home.... currently cant do that with ease. Like put in a function that will let you at the click of a button shut off the vita so it can get the max out of charging on USB 1-2, USB3 & powered usb should be sufficient without the device being off.

For cross platform games (games that you can buy and play on the PS3 and also the same on the Vita) If you buy it for one, it should let you play it on the other. I'd even be ok with it wanting an internet connection so it locks the game down on 1 device while you play it on the other, but the big thing of this is, it would be awesome to be playing a game on the way home from work, get home, walk to the living room, save the game and load up the PS3 then continue playing the same game on your PS3.

The vita is so unpopular because of how controlled, locked down and limited in functionality it is. People love their freedoms and rights, and no matter how a company chooses to advertise why their DRM is good and you should have it - we all know better. All it's doing is hindering our experience with the device. I mean look at the Xbox 1. Sony wiped the floor with microsoft by giving us what we wanted - the freedom to do what we allready could + some, rather than the rout microsoft took which was trying to tie our hands and feet behind our backs whilst telling us it's worth it because of how pretty the graphics look.

There will allways be piracy, there will allways be people hellbent on doing things they should not - with everything. Has sony noticed the kickstarter games? And how popular alot of them are? The trend is obvious there too. No DRM, LAN support, and i guess the biggest one which sony has little controll over is the quality of the games being made. Yes for the most part new games look amazing, but playing them you're left with a shallow, dull and un-exciting experience.

Take a leap of faith Sony, relax your iron fist grip on the Vita and see what happens!
PS Vita 3.01 - PS4 - 1.61 - PS3 - 4.55
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

tigahawk wrote:remove some of the restrictions that make the device so locked down. IT has so much potential and is being held back by nothing but corproate greed.

there's nothing wrong with profit ;)

Let it play PS1 and PS2 games.

It can already play PS1 and PS2 along with PS3 will come with Gaikai

Partner up with google and allow the vita to get the google play store, and run apps/games from it.

That makes no financial sense or sense in general

Allow USB access without open CMA so it can be used as a USB storage device for copying files/folders/stuff

That just opens it to easily avoidable threats so a better solution is to improve CMA which Sony has been doing

Fix the screen glare issues so they can proudly market it as a portable device, not a device that is portable but cannot be used in high sunlight/artificial light areas due to glare & inability to see what the screen is displaying.

Thats a problem with everything

Remove the hardware lock on the 3G vita's so people can choose a carrier they actually want. The 3G Vita sales in Australia have been laughworthey (to the point you will have trouble finding a 3G vita as they've stopped ordering them in as noone buy's them...) as they locked it to Vodafone - the company that lost around 70% of their customer base due to their core infastructure being badly maintaned, could nto make calls, text, access the web or even recharge your prepaid credit for a few months at one point. Oh and they seriously overcharge for the data on the Vita plans. I can grab a 12gig data sim from Telstra for $59 a month, where i'll be paying the same for 8gig, plus my uploads are counted towards my download limit with Vodafone. (http://www.dropbeargaming.com/2012/02/v ... a-pricing/) Even tho they love to use the defense "Australian's are willing to pay more!" it's blatantly obvious we have serious objections to being bent over and reemed in the **** in the name of profits for no justifiable reason other than "they can"

You got me here

For the 3g models as well, let the vita act as a phone. People will do it, heck i've done it using skype and wifi when i was out of prepaid phone credit (you look less stupid with headphones plugged in and merely talkign to the Vita rather than having the whole thing up to your head :P)

This is a bad idea as Sony would need to partner with a phone company... actually if Sony keeps there current partners but adds more phone functionality than it might be OK :/

Impliment the game sharing system they've been showing off for the PS4 for digital copy's. Select the person on your friends list, then the game you want to share, and how long you want to share it for. It locks out your game but makes it avaliable for your friend to download and play for that specific time duration. heck take it a step further, allow game trading, make the trading a PS+ exclusive thing if they are going to get really butthurt about profits lost from resales.

What game sharing system? Its not a bad idea other than the game trading

Allow the Vita to be charged via USB, rather than having to buy a small rechargable battery to charge it. That should also go with the anti-glare thing as they both effect portability - play it on teh way to work, need to charge it while your at work so you can play it on the way home.... currently cant do that with ease. Like put in a function that will let you at the click of a button shut off the vita so it can get the max out of charging on USB 1-2, USB3 & powered usb should be sufficient without the device being off.

It can already charge via USB but its very slow

For cross platform games (games that you can buy and play on the PS3 and also the same on the Vita) If you buy it for one, it should let you play it on the other. I'd even be ok with it wanting an internet connection so it locks the game down on 1 device while you play it on the other, but the big thing of this is, it would be awesome to be playing a game on the way home from work, get home, walk to the living room, save the game and load up the PS3 then continue playing the same game on your PS3.

That's exactly how it works already if cross save is added but that's up to the devs not Sony,the lock game thing that's just dumb

The vita is so unpopular because of how controlled, locked down and limited in functionality it is. People love their freedoms and rights, and no matter how a company chooses to advertise why their DRM is good and you should have it - we all know better. All it's doing is hindering our experience with the device. I mean look at the Xbox 1. Sony wiped the floor with microsoft by giving us what we wanted - the freedom to do what we allready could + some, rather than the rout microsoft took which was trying to tie our hands and feet behind our backs whilst telling us it's worth it because of how pretty the graphics look.

No the Vita has a few things that hinder it but the "locks" are not the main problem plus people like to say they care about freedom and rights but its just something you sheeple say to make yourselves feel better

If you really care than stop *** and do something starting with the real problem not some video game ***

There will allways be piracy, there will allways be people hellbent on doing things they should not - with everything. Has sony noticed the kickstarter games? And how popular alot of them are? The trend is obvious there too. No DRM, LAN support, and i guess the biggest one which sony has little controll over is the quality of the games being made. Yes for the most part new games look amazing, but playing them you're left with a shallow, dull and un-exciting experience.

all games already have LAN and DRM is a must but the problem MS had was it went way to far

Take a leap of faith Sony, relax your iron fist grip on the Vita and see what happens!

It would die near instantly
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
tigahawk

Post by tigahawk »

the thing that hurt most was the sheeple comment :(

The sharing system was a reference to the 20sec commercial on how to share games on a ps4, by handing your mate the game. Just make it the same with digital copy's.

With the game locking when switching between the vita and the ps3, that was trying to keep the company's in mind in regards to how that could be exploited. Play on your PS3 and give your mate the vita to play the same game, effectively 2 copy's being used at once, so locking one while playing the other makes sense in that regard, but yes it is stupid.
Last edited by tigahawk on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS Vita 3.01 - PS4 - 1.61 - PS3 - 4.55
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Yea sorry about that I went a bit far but its a subject that hits close to home for me >__<

EDIT: also I should add the problem I have with those kind of posts and why I am harsh on them is that people much like yourself only think about what you want and completely ignore that Sony is is made of people and like all people need to make a living

the best solution would be a understanding between both sides and Sony has in recent times seemed like its doing just that but the consumer still demands things that just arn't possible or would only cause more problems
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Would developers want to develop for the Vita if the Vita TV sells a lot?
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
Hardin

Post by Hardin »

fate6 wrote:I don't want ports I would much rather a new Vita specific game be made of those franchises
If you want your CoD esque regurgitation then fine but obviously most don't

BTW the plan is to be able to use Gaikai for playing all PS3 games so ports would be pointless
It doesn't matter what you want. Good ports of AAA titles would have been good for the Vita. To argue against that is just foolish. Do you see people shunning the Vita ports of Limbo? Persona 4? Spelunky? Stranger's Wrath? I have no idea where you came up with COD, it's not a port, it's a lazy game developed by a third-rate developer, only the multiplayer maps are ported over from Black Ops. I specifically said I wanted the likes of Dark Souls, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Infinite. If Dark Souls came to the PSV tomorrow, would it sell poorly?
vitalovesnintendo

Post by vitalovesnintendo »

S1NFUL wrote:Would developers want to develop for the Vita if the Vita TV sells a lot?
Short awnser is Yes, but on the long term only financial rewarding ps vita games will persuade developers to start Vita projects.

Most people assume they will, and while it is likely that developers will feel more inclined to produce Vita games due to a large install base of devices capable to play Vita games, in the end it still boils down to the amount of games sold.

Let's be a negative nancy for a bit and assume that every ps vita tv owner buys the device for the remote play capabilities, then there could be a billion ps vita tv owners but if they won't buy Vita games for their device developers would abandon Vita projects.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
breadbin

Post by breadbin »

i was of much the same thinking of tigahawk there thinking about how much control sony have over the vita and how its not using its potential. just sick of all the locking down and restrictions. i know its needed for the sake of the vita but i'm sick of it. i've had one for about a year id say and pretty much only use it for youtube. the screen is amazing and the youtube app works really well but there really is no games that i want on it. the only reason i bought it is cos i had a voucher for a games store and was a toss up between this and a 3ds. i regret buying the vita even though its a beast of a machine but when i look at it i get sad thinking of how much it could do.

i'd love to play snes and gameboy advance games on it, other stuff like the scummvm and psx games without paying for them again. i bought final fantasy 7 for it and played it and enjoyed it but i think i shouldn't have to pay again for it. over the years i've paid for this game 4 times. twice on the pc, original psx and now again on psn. i also bought final fantasy 8 and 9 too and had them before aswell. so i'm fed up paying for games again that i already own. there needs to be a gta release and something like skyrim. i got so excited when i heard about remoteplay thinking i might be able to play oblivion or skyrim on the vita only to be disappointed again. there has to be a fallout release too.

on a more positive note i just got jak and daxter trilogy and am enjoying it so far and really looking forward to terraria on it. terraria can save the vita for me anyway. so along with terraria i think a Fallout, GTA and Elder Scrolls release would be very welcome. oh and looking forward to borderlands 2 too.

Return to “Games”