Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

FF Tactics Corrupted save data

Discuss official PS Vita games here
Gurukai

FF Tactics Corrupted save data

Post by Gurukai »

So, i have a backup of my Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions from my PSP. and i have the eCFW for Gravity Crash. Loaded up FF Tactics just fine, but when i go to load my save data that i transfer directly from the psp (which is working on the psp) it says "Data on Memory stick duo may be corrupted." Now i've loaded MHFU and loaded that save and it works just fine, same goes with FFVII Crysis Core. They are all ISO format and the save data's are directly from my psp which have been confirmed to be working on the psp before transfer. Also i am loading the games directly from the TN Menu of the exploit.... Any ideas?

Edit: is this in the right section?
Advertising
NeonAera

Re: FF Tactics Corrupted save data

Post by NeonAera »

I have the same exact issue. Anyone care to elaborate a bit why the FFT:WOTFL save data from psp would be corrupted on the PSVita?

Anyway, I'm new here. Nice to meet you guys. :D
Advertising
▬ PSVita 1000 » OFW 3.60 → TaiHEN, Adrenaline [Talkman Travel: Tokyo]
▬ PSTV » OFW 3.20 → TN-V [Patapon 2]
▬ PSP Street E1000
▬ PSPgo » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 3000 » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 2000 » CFW 5.50 → Prometheus
▬ PSP 1000 » CFW 3.40 → OE-A
Gurukai

Post by Gurukai »

Bump. Any ideas? Tried CSO format, same thing
Dcdoz

Post by Dcdoz »

Hey its cos the save is from an older firmware, I believe from 6.00 and below cos sony the sneaky *** changed the encryption, it happened to my persona 3 portable file. It took me like an hour to get it working on the vita. let me know if you wanna go through the whole process :P
PS Vita Piano Black 1.81 FW + eCFW (Mad Blocker Alpha) + 32GB :D
PSP 1000 CFW 5.00m33-6
PSP 2000 Limited edition Crisis core JAPANESE Anniversary Edition OFW 3.90 (For sale)
PSP 2000 FW-unknown, In bits :P
PSP GO CFW 6.60
Gurukai

Post by Gurukai »

Dcdoz wrote:Hey its cos the save is from an older firmware, I believe from 6.00 and below cos sony the sneaky *** changed the encryption, it happened to my persona 3 portable file. It took me like an hour to get it working on the vita. let me know if you wanna go through the whole process :P
I had given up, didnt even realize someone possibly had a solution. if you are still willing/available, could you help me out?
mlc

Post by mlc »

Gurukai wrote:
Dcdoz wrote:Hey its cos the save is from an older firmware, I believe from 6.00 and below cos sony the sneaky *** changed the encryption, it happened to my persona 3 portable file. It took me like an hour to get it working on the vita. let me know if you wanna go through the whole process :P
I had given up, didnt even realize someone possibly had a solution. if you are still willing/available, could you help me out?
Isn't there a method using save game deemer or something? I think that would require a 6.60 (or maybe 6.00+) CFW psp to save again on before transferring to your Vita, though. I'd be interested in hearing Dcdoz's method too, especially if it doesn't require additional CFW PSP's or plugins that won't run on a Vita.
Kyouma

Post by Kyouma »

mlc wrote:
Gurukai wrote:
Isn't there a method using save game deemer or something? I think that would require a 6.60 (or maybe 6.00+) CFW psp to save again on before transferring to your Vita, though. I'd be interested in hearing Dcdoz's method too, especially if it doesn't require additional CFW PSP's or plugins that won't run on a Vita.
What I know about sgdeemer is that after using it to save raw data you can swap the bin files from a corrupted savegame with a working one and then you should be able to fix it this way (after loading and saving it once inside the game). This does not work on all savegames though. I managed to change the region of my Persona 3 Portable savefile this way, but Fate/Extra is a game that does not support doing this.

As far as I know, you can install plugins on ARK eCFW, so sgdeemer might work on it, but I haven't tested it out myself. If you have a PSP with a 6.60 CFW, sgdeemer will work for sure.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Kyouma wrote:but Fate/Extra is a game that does not support doing this.
off-topic:

well i successfully converted my JPN to US of Fate/Extra using the deemer plugin ;)
Kyouma

Post by Kyouma »

Steven wrote:
Kyouma wrote:but Fate/Extra is a game that does not support doing this.
off-topic:

well i successfully converted my JPN to US of Fate/Extra using the deemer plugin ;)
Ah yeah, that might work, but I was trying to go from US to EUR. =P
mogyui

Post by mogyui »

Alright.. It took me 3 days and I figured it out with this forum and all the others I got info from:

First off, I am running Henkaku 3.60 on my PS Vita > ux0:pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA is the location of the saved games on my device, which is where it defaulted to.

I have PPSSPP with firmware 3.61 installed on my PC

My FFT:WOTL is downloaded from PSN (to play it on your PC is your business not mine) But I was able to get my game files to my PPSSPP folder in order to play with same regions

I used PPSSPP for the sole purpose of encrypting and decrypting the file in order to edit with LionEditor
There are 2 lines within the ppsspp.ini file that need to be altered (keep the editor open as we use this for re-encryption)
my .ini file is located in \\PPSSPP\PSP\SYSTEM\ppsspp.ini

the 2 lines (for my version as of 1/13/2022 is up to date) are lines 338 and 339

EncryptSave = True
SavedataUpgradeVersion = False

it is paramount that SavedataUpgradeVersion = FALSE
Default value = TRUE

To decrypt the save file > ENCRYPTSAVE = FALSE
To Encrypt file (for playing on psvita) > ENCRYPTSAVE = TRUE

My process:

get save file from PS Vita > Content manager (QCMA) or VitaShell or Whatever other method you have to get files)

Change and save ppsspp.ini to EncryptSave = False
SavedataUpgradeVersion = False

Open savefile in PPSSPP (with .ini file EncryptSave = False) by loading the game
Save the game and exit PPSSPP

reload .ini file edit EncryptSave = True save the file

Change savefilename to lioneditor.bin > MUST BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE EXTENSION OF THE FILE

Open file in Lioneditor and save your changes

Change savefilename from Lioneditor.bin to your original file name (Mine was FFTA.SYS)

Open file in PPSSPP (with .ini file EncryptSave = True) by loading the game
Save the game and exit PPSSPP

Transfer your entire saved game folder from PPSSPP\PSP\SAVEDATA back to your vita
with QCMA you would need to move the (US version) ULUS10297FFT0000 folder and its contents to the folder where your CMA pulls from. for
me this is \\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\<some random ID>\ULUS10297FFT0000

with FTP > Transfer the ULUS10297FFT0000 folder to your PS Vita. for me this is ux0:pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA

This is written in 2022 with the hopes it will gives those like me a faster solution to editing FFT:WOTL games for your vita
Last edited by mogyui on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Games”