Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What do you think of Lumines: Electronic Symphony?

Discuss official PS Vita games here
Jethro

What do you think of Lumines: Electronic Symphony?

Post by Jethro »

I played the demo and I liked it, still I do not think it worth the price (39.99 euros!) The sound track is one of the best in the games, I must say but....
It was rated highly on the internet but every reviewers commented on its price.
So, would you buy it? Or you have it, do you loved it?
Advertising
It's Meego. I dare you, windows, I double dare you!
Koshiro

Re: What do you think of Lumines: Electronic Symphony?

Post by Koshiro »

Well, I bought the original Lumines for the PSP on it's release date for 40 bucks. And judging from the Vita demo for Electronic Symphony, it doesn't bring much more to the table.. just back touch and touching your avatar for a bonus. With that being said, I would not pay another 40 for an updated Lumines, I would however pay 10 for a digital copy that I could then keep on my card at all times and pull it out to play here and there when waiting for/on the bus.

If you are a hardcore Lumines fan or new to the series, I'd say wait till it goes on sale for 30 :P
Advertising
sean13128

Post by sean13128 »

I played through part 1 and 2 and loved it. Picking up this one was a no brainier for me. Tracks seem endless. The world cube thing could be improved on, a bit boring to erase blocks without knowing.

I would say it's worth it being that Lumines 1/2 isn't on the vita yet. It keeps me occupied while I'm waiting on disgaea 3
Jethro

Post by Jethro »

Fair enough, it is a game that kill times infinitely and you can only get bored after spending so much time, like tetris. Though, if they make tetris like lumines, I would definitely buy it
It's Meego. I dare you, windows, I double dare you!
jackpot25

Post by jackpot25 »

Was interested in the game but not at that price. Their is replay value but there is also replay value in games that you can get for $1 in the app store. At $20 I would probably pick up until then I will be holding off.
iateher1234

Post by iateher1234 »

Lumines: Electronic Symphony is an excellent game for the Vita in terms of replay value. I got both Lumines and Uncharted when I bought my Vita and I finished Uncharted in the first weekend and since then I haven't returned to it, but I constantly play Lumines. Its a great game for on the go when you just want to waste some time and if you consider that its cheaper than Uncharted its definitely a game to get.

Although if you dont have Rayman: Origins I would rather recommend getting that than Lumines since that is a game I can play over and over without getting bored as well.
Mcleod

Post by Mcleod »

Same here, I’ve always enjoyed Lumines, i have it for my PSP and on the PS3. It’s always a fun puzzle game that anyone can enjoy, the only thing that kills me now is the backgrounds. I feel like I’m going to have a seizure fall on the floor and puke out my nose, but besides that 2 thumbs up :mrgreen:
PS3 CECHA01 500gb seagate 160+ games :-D yay
4 PSP 5.50 Gen hacked to the max love playing DDR on it
Ps Vita : VHBL WORKING 1.67!!!
heero01

Post by heero01 »

Its a great game, there is a small issue that is that you cant use your own music which would have been nice feature .
JPFresh

Post by JPFresh »

Great game. Had some trouble getting used to it at first but this video helped a lot - http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/14/l ... d-tricks
omgdinosaurs

Post by omgdinosaurs »

For real, I played its demo so many times that I finally decided to buy the game, never played it on the original PSP, I'd say it was worth every penny, such a good time killer between periods while in school or bored

Return to “Games”