Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

--> [PSP PROGRAMMING TUTORIALS IN C!!!] <--

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
m0skit0
Guru

Re: --> [PSP PROGRAMMING TUTORIALS IN C!!!] <--

Post by m0skit0 »

@spfanMOHH: Sorry but I'm not blaming Windows, I'm blaming you. If you don't want the console window to close, open the console then run the program. Same thing happens in Linux btw.

@hgoel0974: I'm not discussing Windows vs Linux again, but Windows 8 sucks. And you've never heard of it because it's a libc function (and thus belongs to C and not to C#). And no, it's not like Thread.Sleep() because in C there are no native threads like C# or Java. getch() is "get character". The reason Windows novice developers use this function is to stop the execution until a key press, usually because they don't understand how console programs work. Since C has no native threads, getch() blocks the whole process, and thus it is not the same as Thread.Sleep() or sceKernelSleepThread. getch is for reading a character, not to pause a thread.
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

m0skit0 wrote:@spfanMOHH: Sorry but I'm not blaming Windows, I'm blaming you. If you don't want the console window to close, open the console then run the program. Same thing happens in Linux btw.

@hgoel0974: I'm not discussing Windows vs Linux again, but Windows 8 sucks. And you've never heard of it because it's a libc function (and thus belongs to C and not to C#). And no, it's not like Thread.Sleep() because in C there are no native threads like C# or Java. getch() is "get character". The reason Windows novice developers use this function is to stop the execution until a key press, usually because they don't understand how console programs work. Since C has no native threads, getch() blocks the whole process, and thus it is not the same as Thread.Sleep() or sceKernelSleepThread. getch is for reading a character, not to pause a thread.
Ooooooooh
Well, then getch() would be like Console.Read(); or like cin for CPP?
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
GBOT
Developer

Post by GBOT »

cin (istream) >> operator is overloaded to get any data type, while getch() only reads a character
Github
Twitter

Can't give enough crepes
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

GBOT wrote:cin (istream) >> operator is overloaded to get any data type, while getch() only reads a character
thanks for the clarification :)
razorback1997

Post by razorback1997 »

Does anyone still have the file that was uploaded to megaupload? D:
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

razorback1997 wrote:Does anyone still have the file that was uploaded to megaupload? D:
that file is ancient, you should instead try something like OSLib but just google psp graphics.c and graphics.h
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

hgoel0974 wrote:just google psp graphics.c and graphics.h
Don't ever use graphics.c unless you're doing some low-level work (e.g. exploit), prefer any graphic library instead (OSLib, SDL...).
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Hi can someone give me the link to latest version of psp dev? :( It seems the first and last link in setting up the psp sdk is broken
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."

Return to “Programming and Security”