Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Snes9xTYL Mod 171017

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
esmjanus

Re: [RELEASE] Snes9xTYL Mod 170521

Post by esmjanus »

Well this will take more time than expected, I have compiled other test that I hope It fixes the PSP FAT issue, but It breaks adhoc support for some reason that I still don't know what it is.
Test 03: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xa19m9y7a ... Test03.rar
@mark doh and @Nismo Could you test it please? This test has all the new features (except adhoc) that previous test 01 and 02 doesn't have, so kirby avalanche must be full speed and sleep mode must work.
Advertising
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

Amazing work! It works very well and it's a speed boost compared with other versions. Finally sleep mode works as expected and I didn't notice any texture problems or in game screen freezes, all it's working as expected.

I don't mind the adhoc feature, it's not important to me.

Thank you very much @esmjanus I really appreciate your work and your quick fix for this isuue.

Regards.
Advertising
mark doh

Post by mark doh »

Yes as Nismo said, this version works properly and the same now as on my psp 2000 not bothered about the adhoc not working on the 1000. thank you for the update just hoping now for the super fx chip yoshi island to work full speed (or at least 99% there) on the snes someday then snes for me on the psp will be close to complete
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

I tried Yoshi's Island a bit and it's playable for me.
mark doh

Post by mark doh »

its playable averaging sometimes 40 - 55 fps but as you go through the levels there is a lot of slowdown and dips in fps
in certain parts of even level 1-2 there is a lot of slowdown so its not as good as it should be. Still the GBA version will suffice for now until thats solved
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Nismo wrote:Yes it was my fault about the E I misunderstand you, sorry. I know what are the models of PSP, just a little mistake. I know I can play on PC, I was playing emulators on PC for more than 20 years ago, and I just build my own customized/modified emulationstation build for it with new features added. But I can't carry my pc in my pocket... XD. And I don't like to play with the touch screen of my smartphone, I prefer to use pad + buttons.

I only have two portable consoles, a nintendo DS and a PSP fat, so I like PSP because the emulation is more advanced, and a lot of emulators on DS doesn't fit the screen. I love emulation, I still have my first atari 2600 and my ZX spectrum and a lot of systems more...

As you said, I already use and older version of Snes9xTYL Mod R26 that's working for me. But I think it's good to tell developer his build doesn't work in some systems, because maybe he want to fix that, I'm not requesting anything from him, just giving info and asking if there was some fix (because it can be a plugin that conflicts or bad config). Fortunately @esmjanus has found what was the problem (so the problem exist), so maybe some people where the latest version doesn't work, like @Nemo 1984 and me, can play with updated versions of the emulator with more features. If no updates I'm still happy with the R26 version. So all it's ok.

I want to say thanks to @esmjanus, @robson.santana, and all developers that still update the scene of PSP, and to you @Butcher for the help.

Regards.
You're welcome @Nismo
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Nismo wrote:Yes it was my fault about the E I misunderstand you, sorry. I know what are the models of PSP, just a little mistake. I know I can play on PC, I was playing emulators on PC for more than 20 years ago, and I just build my own customized/modified emulationstation build for it with new features added. But I can't carry my pc in my pocket... XD. And I don't like to play with the touch screen of my smartphone, I prefer to use pad + buttons.

I only have two portable consoles, a nintendo DS and a PSP fat, so I like PSP because the emulation is more advanced, and a lot of emulators on DS doesn't fit the screen. I love emulation, I still have my first atari 2600 and my ZX spectrum and a lot of systems more...

As you said, I already use and older version of Snes9xTYL Mod R26 that's working for me. But I think it's good to tell developer his build doesn't work in some systems, because maybe he want to fix that, I'm not requesting anything from him, just giving info and asking if there was some fix (because it can be a plugin that conflicts or bad config). Fortunately @esmjanus has found what was the problem (so the problem exist), so maybe some people where the latest version doesn't work, like @Nemo 1984 and me, can play with updated versions of the emulator with more features. If no updates I'm still happy with the R26 version. So all it's ok.

I want to say thanks to @esmjanus, @robson.santana, and all developers that still update the scene of PSP, and to you @Butcher for the help.

Regards.

No problem - i dont know why for u dont work my PSP fat witch 6.60 PRO-C 2015 runs perfect 1st launch emu and game and work tested 5 my fovourite like always and work.

And yes i also i have many and in Portable i also like PSP - 1st best emulation and the controls of psp are good also.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Also latest build work also perfect

PSP 1004
PSP 2004
PSP 2003

All 6.60 PRO-C 2015
esmjanus

Post by esmjanus »

@mark doh and @Nismo Thanks for your reports, now I need to look why the adhoc/netplay is not working.
Butcher wrote: No problem - i dont know why for u dont work my PSP fat witch 6.60 PRO-C 2015 runs perfect 1st launch emu and game and work tested 5 my fovourite like always and work.

And yes i also i have many and in Portable i also like PSP - 1st best emulation and the controls of psp are good also.
Well, we don't know why is working for you lol, you are the only one that didn't have problems with mod 170521, I don't have a PSP FAT, so I can't test it. Maybe some option on your setup on recovery menu or something.
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

I think the same as you @esmjanus , he is the only one that doesn't have problems with the PSP fat, so it's a bit strange.

Anyway, even if the adhoc mode doesn't work, Snes9xTYL Mod emulator it's working now very well and for everybody, so for me, that's the important advantage.

Return to “Emulators”