Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Installing EmuMaster 3.0 with 6.60 PRO CFW

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
Simowl

Installing EmuMaster 3.0 with 6.60 PRO CFW

Post by Simowl »

Hello, another noob question here.
I installed 6.60 PRO CFW on my PSP 3003 (following this guide)
I've download EmuMaster 3.0, how exactly do I install it now? I know that I have to get the roms from another site but I'm just not sure how to get it on my PSP...
Do I need to extract it? Or can I just put it in a folder?

Thanks for all your help.

Edit : I seem to have gotten it working! How can I get rid of the small percent in the top left corner, though? It seems to be changing around the 70% mark.
Advertising
TecXero

Re: Installing EmuMaster 3.0 with 6.60 PRO CFW

Post by TecXero »

Get this version http://dl.qj.net/download/masterboy-v202.html
EmuMaster's "developer" just took the sourcecode of Masterboy and changed the credits and Eboot preview and called it his own.

As for installing it: extract it from the rar file, go to MasterBoy/PSP/GAME, and extract the folder labeled MasterBoy in the GAME folder to PSP/GAME on your PSP's memory stick. All PSP programs are EBOOT.PBPs and they belong in their own separate folders, and those folders belong in the GAME folder on your memory stick.

In the options, you can change it so it doesn't show you the CPU usage.
Advertising
Last edited by TecXero on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSP Slim CFW 6.60 ME-2.2
Wii 4.3 d2x cIOS v10-alt Beta53 Base 56 & 57
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

I guess this is a good time to ask this, to be more specific. Are there ANY changes whatsoever from MasterBoy 2.02 to EmuMaster 3.0? Anything, other than an EBOOT and name change? Anything in the code? Cause the modder of EmuMaster claims that there were improvements. Don't remember what, but I might be able to find a changelog somewhere. Plus I know some respected ppl from the scene use EmuMaster over MasterBoy, and I just wonder why...if literally nothing than the EBOOT graphics and a name have been changed.
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

MadZiontist wrote:I guess this is a good time to ask this, to be more specific. Are there ANY changes whatsoever from MasterBoy 2.02 to EmuMaster 3.0? Anything, other than an EBOOT and name change? Anything in the code? Cause the modder of EmuMaster claims that there were improvements. Don't remember what, but I might be able to find a changelog somewhere. Plus I know some respected ppl from the scene use EmuMaster over MasterBoy, and I just wonder why...if literally nothing than the EBOOT graphics and a name have been changed.
No, from what I know. Besides a name change it's pretty much identical.
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

Omega2058 wrote:
MadZiontist wrote:I guess this is a good time to ask this, to be more specific. Are there ANY changes whatsoever from MasterBoy 2.02 to EmuMaster 3.0? Anything, other than an EBOOT and name change? Anything in the code? Cause the modder of EmuMaster claims that there were improvements. Don't remember what, but I might be able to find a changelog somewhere. Plus I know some respected ppl from the scene use EmuMaster over MasterBoy, and I just wonder why...if literally nothing than the EBOOT graphics and a name have been changed.
No, from what I know. Besides a name change it's pretty much identical.
Odd that so many of us (myself included) started using EmuMaster then lol. It is a better name I think, but what a crock to take a piece of software, make zero changes to it, and call it one's "new version". :/
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
TecXero

Post by TecXero »

None, you can run both eboots through a hex editor and see for yourself that the changes are in the aesthetics and the credits, nothing else. I think a lot of people latched onto it due to a desire for a more polished MasterBoy and that the "author" of EmuMaster never released his Source Code so people couldn't do a direct comparison that easily.
PSP Slim CFW 6.60 ME-2.2
Wii 4.3 d2x cIOS v10-alt Beta53 Base 56 & 57

Return to “Emulators”