Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Grand Theft Auto Advance

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Grand Theft Auto Advance

Post by Acid_Snake »

I can't seem to get this game to work with any version of gpSP I use. The US version of the game freezes on boot, while the EU version goes to the menu but freezes when going in-game. Has anyone got this game to work?
Advertising
Obito

Re: Grand Theft Auto Advance

Post by Obito »

Hmm, mine doesn't work either LOL, it freezes at the end of the conversation between those two guys, and then I get a Cx-xxxx-xx error.
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I finally got it to work with the latest gpSP J, although I'd prefer to get it working in kai
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

UO gpsp kai 3.4 test 3 build 92
PSP-1001 6.60ME
1742 - Grand Theft Auto Advance (E)(Rising Sun).gba

Black screen and psp shutdown after the 2 guys conversation (after menu but before any gameplay). I have not tested US version yet.

EDIT: ok i see you got it working.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
Harakiri_Robot12

Post by Harakiri_Robot12 »

Acid_Snake wrote:I finally got it to work with the latest gpSP J, although I'd prefer to get it working in kai
Meh, should of pmed me, I would helped you. Though the real problem now, is trying to run Mario tennis for the GBA on the psp, on gpSP it lags like heck.
This is my signature ---->Below this line <----
[spoiler]I'm Simply God, no one can defy me ^-^
〜 はらきりかみ 〜
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

Harakiri_Robot12 wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:I finally got it to work with the latest gpSP J, although I'd prefer to get it working in kai
Meh, should of pmed me, I would helped you. Though the real problem now, is trying to run Mario tennis for the GBA on the psp, on gpSP it lags like heck.
How could you have helped him? Also later I can test Mario Tennis on my setup to see if I can get any better results... It will be about 6 hours though ( I am going to work soon.) I will post back.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
lps

Post by lps »

Acid_Snake wrote:I can't seem to get this game to work with any version of gpSP I use. The US version of the game freezes on boot, while the EU version goes to the menu but freezes when going in-game. Has anyone got this game to work?
Make ingame save for EU version on PC with VBA after first mission and copy it to psp. After skipping first mission all should bi fine.
PSP 6.60 Promod | PSV WiFi 3.01 | Quake Arena Arcade | Silent Hill: Genesis
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

lps wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:I can't seem to get this game to work with any version of gpSP I use. The US version of the game freezes on boot, while the EU version goes to the menu but freezes when going in-game. Has anyone got this game to work?
Make ingame save for EU version on PC with VBA after first mission and copy it to psp. After skipping first mission all should bi fine.
never thought of it, I'll try it out

Return to “Emulators”