Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

gpSP-J (2012/06/16): Mario Tennis and Golden Sun 2?

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
Taishou

gpSP-J (2012/06/16): Mario Tennis and Golden Sun 2?

Post by Taishou »

Hi

I had a PSP which I sold long ago. At that time I had an old version of gpSP (from 2010 or something) and several games didn't work quite well. I remember having nightmares with Mario Tennis, game that I love :P. Anyway, I may get a new PSP now. Can someone try those games please? And/or any other game that didn't go well with the old versions. I didn't find anything about the new updates of gpSP-J. If I get a PSP again I'd like to be able to play the whole GBA catalog (if not I might go for a DS...)

http://amaebi.net/archives/1946412.html

There are links for the emulator. If you don't like Japanese much... here are the mirrors:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a0lyi5uyw59m54k
http://uploaded.to/file/pnf0ozjl

Thanks
Advertising
dunuck

Re: gpSP-J (2012/06/16): Mario Tennis and Golden Sun 2?

Post by dunuck »

Get a PSP Go highly recomended
I used to be a detractoir of it, but once it got hacked i finally decided to give it chancce and bought it a few weeks ago BEST handheld ever
Has such an amazing backlog of PSP games, not to mention great library of PSX games and Perfect GBA/GC emulation
Advertising
grandgroove

Post by grandgroove »

That's a coincidence. I was mad about Mario Tennis not working either. I'll try the new build and let you know in the next few days. :D
rugged indoorsman.
Wii U: CFW Softmod (can't remember which at the moment)
PSP 1K,2K: 6.61 CFW (Davee)
PS Vita: 3.68 Henkaku w/Enzo
Dreamcast: In-line microSD adapter, fishing rod, keyboard, other madness
SNES: SPFx 32MBit Copier
grandgroove

Post by grandgroove »

Taishou wrote:Hi

I had a PSP which I sold long ago. At that time I had an old version of gpSP (from 2010 or something) and several games didn't work quite well. I remember having nightmares with Mario Tennis, game that I love :P. Anyway, I may get a new PSP now. Can someone try those games please? And/or any other game that didn't go well with the old versions. I didn't find anything about the new updates of gpSP-J. If I get a PSP again I'd like to be able to play the whole GBA catalog (if not I might go for a DS...)

Thanks
I have tested the 2012/06/16 gPSP. Sadly, there is no improvement with Mario Power Tennis. If you disable sound and bilinear filtering, it gets a little better, but it's like playing a game using the old "slowdown" trick where the NES Advantage would just keep hitting Pause repeatedly and really fast. Does that make sense? :/
rugged indoorsman.
Wii U: CFW Softmod (can't remember which at the moment)
PSP 1K,2K: 6.61 CFW (Davee)
PS Vita: 3.68 Henkaku w/Enzo
Dreamcast: In-line microSD adapter, fishing rod, keyboard, other madness
SNES: SPFx 32MBit Copier

Return to “Emulators”