Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Best Internet Browser.

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories

Which is the best browser?

Mozilla Firefox
59
48%
Google Chrome
49
40%
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1
1%
Opera
10
8%
Safari
2
2%
Other
3
2%
 
Total votes: 124

User avatar
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 am
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Contact:

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by Disturbed0ne » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 pm

ramiro1398 wrote:google chrome is fast but takes a loooong time to open
You either have a very old computer or your new computer is full of malware/spyware/adware.

I run Windows 7 (or Ubuntu 11.04 Natty) on an HP G71 dual core 2.2Ghz and Google Chrome opens in less than 5 seconds from clicking the Icon to my home page is loaded. :shock:
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

User avatar
ramiro1398
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:12 am

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by ramiro1398 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:08 pm

not that old.my pc with windows 7
Advertising

User avatar
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 am
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Contact:

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by Disturbed0ne » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:14 pm

ramiro1398 wrote:not that old.my pc with windows 7
Sounds like you've got some virus' then. :shock: Chrome works great for me.

Edit : That IS an OLD PC. :lol: 6 years in PC terms is quite ancient. :shock:

Mine is getting old (Manufactured in September 2009, refurbished May 2010 and purchased by me in June 2010)

What A/V do you have on there now?

I'd also get CCleaner to check for registry errors. (I can only imagine how long that list is going to be. :lol: )
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

User avatar
ramiro1398
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:12 am

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by ramiro1398 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Disturbed0ne wrote:
ramiro1398 wrote:not that old.my pc with windows 7
Sounds like you've got some virus' then. :shock: Chrome works great for me.

Edit : That IS an OLD PC. :lol: 6 years in PC terms is quite ancient. :shock:

Mine is getting old (Manufactured in September 2009, refurbished May 2010 and purchased by me in June 2010)

What A/V do you have on there now?

I'd also get CCleaner to check for registry errors. (I can only imagine how long that list is going to be. :lol: )
i have norton 360 :D
whats A/V

User avatar
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 am
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Contact:

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by Disturbed0ne » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 pm

:shock: Anti-Virus.

360 isn't as good as NIS2011 (That's what I'm using right now until NIS2012 comes out)

I highly suggest you download Piriform's CCleaner and run it. (It's a free program that will speed up your PC ten fold)
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

User avatar
ramiro1398
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:12 am

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by ramiro1398 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:40 pm

ok i will run it later..........

waratte
Posts: 1320
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 am

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by waratte » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:34 am

Disturbed0ne wrote:My experience would count as fact as I experienced it and can relay the information to others. :shock:

How do you think facts are formed? :shock:
How can I trust your words? You need actual proof; tell me how I come to this claim of "Chrome being designed to be fast in every possible way".

How do you think facts are seperated from opinions?

User avatar
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 am
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Contact:

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by Disturbed0ne » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:26 am

I can't convince you nor do I want to waste the time trying. :lol:

What I know for a "FACT" is that Chrome works better than any other browser on my laptop, desktop and my sisters laptop. (Before you say it, yes I've tried a lot of other browsers, Opera, Safari, FireFox, IE, heck I've even used Netscape Navigator. :lol:
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

waratte
Posts: 1320
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 am

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by waratte » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 am

Disturbed0ne wrote:I can't convince you nor do I want to waste the time trying. :lol:

What I know for a "FACT" is that Chrome works better than any other browser on my laptop, desktop and my sisters laptop. (Before you say it, yes I've tried a lot of other browsers, Opera, Safari, FireFox, IE, heck I've even used Netscape Navigator. :lol:
If what you are saying is truth, I believe you. :)

(Still won't give up Opera though, I fight for it till the death. :x)

I've used netscape too before, for a while too. :lol:

User avatar
jc_gargma
Retired Mod
Posts: 2602
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:05 am
Location: The Netherworld

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by jc_gargma » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:26 am

waratte wrote:I've used netscape too before, for a while too. :lol:
Same. I really don't miss dial-up though.

Post Reply

Return to “General”