Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Best Internet Browser.

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories

Which is the best browser?

Mozilla Firefox
48%
Google Chrome
40%
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1%
Opera
8%
Safari
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 124

Steven

Re: Best Internet Browser.

Post by Steven »

Using Mozilla Firefox v7 Beta 5 (5 Tabs are opened)

Using Google Chrome v15.0.874.5 Beta (5 Tabs are opened same websites)

it seems google chrome now has the same problem with firefox :lol:
Advertising
waratte

Post by waratte »

Disturbed0ne wrote:
ponso21 wrote:I still believe everything comes off as personal preference when choosing which is better.
+1 & 1/2 I can deal with all the hassle that windows puts me through because I'm so comfortable with how it works. Using Linux is kind of like how the Architect from "The Matrix" described how he created the last Matrix, the users couldn't deal with a "Utopia" so they were disconnecting en-mass. :lol: Long time Windows users feel really uncomfortable with an OS that doesn't break every once in a while. :lol:

(Did that make sense?)
What? :lol:
Steven wrote:Using Mozilla Firefox v7 Beta 5 (5 Tabs are opened)

:lol:
Advertising
Steven

Post by Steven »

waratte wrote:

you don't know? firefox has an old issue of using too much memory (until now it's not fixed but there working on it i hope so :lol: )
seems google chrome is developing that kind of characteristics ;)

Firefox 7 Promises to Use Up to 50% Less Memory
waratte

Post by waratte »

Steven wrote:
waratte wrote:

you don't know? firefox has an old issue of using too much memory (until now it's not fixed but there working on it i hope so :lol: )
seems google chrome is developing that kind of characteristics ;)

Firefox 7 Promises to Use Up to 50% Less Memory
:lol: Did you see the top part of my post? I was commenting on what D1 said about comparing windows' users to people who were in connected to The Matrix, which I believe is absurd.

Bloat ftw!
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

It's not absurd! :shock:

I've read many articles about the need for chaos and "bad things" in peoples lives for them to feel comfortable. To much of a good thing is never good. :shock:
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
Steven

Post by Steven »

waratte wrote: :lol: Did you see the top part of my post? I was commenting on what D1 said about comparing windows' users to people who were in connected to The Matrix, which I believe is absurd.

Bloat ftw!
lol sorry about that :lol:
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

sahaya wrote:google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet browsing was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed ----- and it was normal 5Mbps too, i was using firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
On a Windows PC I noticed no difference in speed between Firefox and Chrome while testing it myself.
sahaya wrote:1.when you close a tab, you are virtually terminating the process. This seams to have some interesting implications on the security of the browser
Like?
sahaya wrote:2.Google Chrome also implements a new privacy feature. They call it incognito. Basically if you browse while being in incognito mode, nothing ever gets logged.
Tools > Start Private Browsing in Firefox?
sahaya wrote:3.Another interesting feature which I need to mention is that popups are not blocked but they open in a minimized window.
I would prefer it if they are not opened at all.
sahaya wrote:4.It has a very simple design, which allows us to browse faster than any internet browser out there.
I find it confusing.
me7i
Banned

Post by me7i »

i voted other cos i like ice cat its firefox decopyrighted and without the pointless adons
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

sahaya wrote:google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet browsing was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed [...] and it was normal 5Mbps too, i was using firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .

1.when you close a tab, you are virtually terminating the process. This seams to have some interesting implications on the security of the browser
2.Google Chrome also implements a new privacy feature. They call it incognito. Basically if you browse while being in incognito mode, nothing ever gets logged.
3.Another interesting feature which I need to mention is that popups are not blocked but they open in a minimized window.
4.It has a very simple design, which allows us to browse faster than any internet browser out there.
1. Actually the cookies still remain until you either delete them yourself or close the entire window (as long as you have it set to delete all cookies when the browser is closed, that goes for multiple browser windows too, if you close one and still have another opened it won't delete the cookies of the first closed window by itself)

2. Pretty much every browser has a similar feature just with a different name.

3. It only does that if you don't set it to "block all pop ups" under the "wrench"...

4. I will agree with you that it does have a very simple, easy to use design but saying that it "allows us to browse faster than any internet browser out there" is an opinion, if someone doesn't know how to optimize a browser Chrome can be just as slow as IE when browsing the internet.

With all that said, I still use Chrome 99% of the time that I'm online, the other 1% I use Opera. I've completely removed Firefox because I was getting tired of the major lag that it caused if you had any other browser open and running while using it, plus the add-ons that it offers just weren't as good (for me) as the ones Chrome and Opera use.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Return to “General”