Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

purchased a gaming pc the ins and outs

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
muztixely

purchased a gaming pc the ins and outs

Post by muztixely »

I am very much interesting in buying a gaming pc or laptop. I have never purchased a gaming pc before so i do not know the ins and outs like some of you gaming vets. But I have done some research and found building your own if the cheapest and most effective way since it is better in the end. So my question to you all is can you give me a build list or bundle that has everything i will need for some where close to 850 bucks?
Advertising
Last edited by muztixely on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ErnieBall

Re: purchased a gaming pc the ins and outs

Post by ErnieBall »

Edit:
Here i an altertnative with a non overclockable CPU and a matching motherboard. The saved money went into a nicer GPU.

I highly recommend to post your request in a PC forum (tomshardware for example) aswell. You might get even better suggestions there.
Advertising
Last edited by ErnieBall on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3
ErnieBall

Re: purchased a gaming pc the ins and outs

Post by ErnieBall »

Wolfmade wrote:Ernie, I dunno why, but that build looks like that the CPU will start bottlenecking the GPU and you won't be able to run games where a lot of stuff happens on the screen at the same time smoothly. (PlanetSide 2, Battlefield, etc)
The first build would have problems with CPU heavy games, i'm going to edit it out of the post.
But i think it is not a bad idea to save some money, by choosing a non K i5, and a cheaper H97 Chipset Motherboard and put the saved money into a better GPU.
Since he is a first time builder, he probably won't overclock the CPU, and for games there is really no huge benefits anyway.
But hey, i'm alway open for suggestions! I know a thing or two about building PCs but i'm really no guru or something. That's why i recommented to post his request on a dedicated PC forum.
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3

Return to “General”