Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Specs for a good gaming PC?

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
User avatar
Xian Nox
Retired Mod
Posts: 2749
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: Over the hills and far away

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by Xian Nox » Sat May 25, 2013 5:31 pm

NNNRT wrote:Where is there a laptop with no OS? Haven't even thought this might be true. :| It must be a second-hand, right?
Brand new Asus.
Advertising

User avatar
NNNRT
Moderator
Posts: 1627
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Byblos
Contact:

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by NNNRT » Sat May 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Xian Nox wrote:
NNNRT wrote:Where is there a laptop with no OS? Haven't even thought this might be true. :| It must be a second-hand, right?
Brand new Asus.
Imma search for one. :P
Advertising

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7599
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [[email protected] ~]$

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by fate6 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:14 am

you did not know you could buy new computers without a OS?
the windows virus has root over you >__<
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

User avatar
hgoel0974
Retired Mod
Posts: 2155
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:42 pm
Location: New York

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by hgoel0974 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:46 am

fate6 wrote:you did not know you could buy new computers without a OS?
the windows virus has root over you >__<
and that is why we should do something with this: No, it isn't a link with software to write an OS in C# ;)
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"

User avatar
Elyseux
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 am

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by Elyseux » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am

NNNRT wrote:
Xian Nox wrote:
NNNRT wrote:Try a Sony VAIO from last year, its specs are very good & it's now cheap. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheap and Sony are like Microsoft and learn: there should be at least 4 pages in between so that you don't endanger the space-time continuum.
Oh no, the tears in reality are appearing. brb, gotta patch those up.
The new touchscreen Windows 8 VAIO is $700, & a 2011 (okay not last year) VAIO is $300 with 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3, 720p screen, what else? So it's cheap for what it offers. ;)
For general computing yes. For gaming, no.

-----
NNNRT wrote:@Xian
The i7 EE is $999! :shock: :lol:
BTW I didn't say he should get that Windows 8 one, sucks for gaming. The Windows 7 one is cheaper & better for gaming. (+ if Windows 7 is pre-installed, then that makes it also cheaper than Windows 8 pre-installed ;))
But you said that Windows pre-installed is a bad choice, is there Linx pre-installed? :| Or is it a Mac for gaming? :lol:
Actually, Windows 8 has relatively higher FPS compared to 7 in the same games.

-----
OP, it'll really help if you can give us a price range, country where you are at, and anything you need( like a keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Last edited by jc_gargma on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Triple Post

User avatar
NNNRT
Moderator
Posts: 1627
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Byblos
Contact:

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by NNNRT » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:47 am

Elyseux wrote:Actually, Windows 8 has relatively higher FPS compared to 7 in the same games.

OP, it'll really help if you can give us a price range, country where you are at, and anything you need( like a keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Windows 8 makes games made before 2006 appear in 4:3 on a 16:9 screen, Microsoft released fixes for that but none worked.
BTW OP is dead now. :lol:

User avatar
Elyseux
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 am

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by Elyseux » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:45 pm

NNNRT wrote:
Elyseux wrote:Actually, Windows 8 has relatively higher FPS compared to 7 in the same games.

OP, it'll really help if you can give us a price range, country where you are at, and anything you need( like a keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Windows 8 makes games made before 2006 appear in 4:3 on a 16:9 screen, Microsoft released fixes for that but none worked.
BTW OP is dead now. :lol:
That wasn't my point. Even if it does do that, it still produces higher FPS then 7 in the same settings and environment.

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7599
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [[email protected] ~]$

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by fate6 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:45 pm

thats because for the hate Win8 gets its actually a huge improvement over Win7 (resource wise at least)
infact if it had the old start menu it would be considered one of the if not the best Windows versions
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

User avatar
jc_gargma
Retired Mod
Posts: 2602
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:05 am
Location: The Netherworld

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by jc_gargma » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:50 pm

What resource is it better in? Its uses the same RAM to run as Win7, and uses more space on disk.

And from the sounds of that older games bug, its a total flop for anything but the newest titles. At least on Win7 its possible to fix the older-game-related gameux.dll bug yourself.
Elyseux wrote:
NNNRT wrote:Windows 8 makes games made before 2006 appear in 4:3 on a 16:9 screen, Microsoft released fixes for that but none worked.
BTW OP is dead now. :lol:
That wasn't my point. Even if it does do that, it still produces higher FPS then 7 in the same settings and environment.
Running in a lower resolution tends to do that.

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7599
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [[email protected] ~]$

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by fate6 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:00 pm

well if I try to run Win7 my computer tries to kill itself but with Win8 it works even better than XP ;)
(a lot smoother/faster)

oh and Aero works on Win8 but not on Vista/7
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Post Reply

Return to “General”