Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Specs for a good gaming PC?

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Specs for a good gaming PC?

Post by Xian Nox »

NNNRT wrote:
Xian Nox wrote:
NNNRT wrote:Try a Sony VAIO from last year, its specs are very good & it's now cheap. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheap and Sony are like Microsoft and learn: there should be at least 4 pages in between so that you don't endanger the space-time continuum.
Oh no, the tears in reality are appearing. brb, gotta patch those up.
The new touchscreen Windows 8 VAIO is $700, & a 2011 (okay not last year) VAIO is $300 with 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3, 720p screen, what else? So it's cheap for what it offers. ;)
Windows 8 gaming? gtfo lol And where the heck did you find that for $300?
Advertising
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Xian Nox wrote:Windows 8 gaming? gtfo lol And where the heck did you find that for $300?
Windows 8 only supports new games in full screen, there is no way at all to get full screen in games made before 2008. dang Microsoft. :evil:
And that $300 thing is at Sony's, the place where I saw the new VAIO & where I got my PSP, PS3, & Vita. ;)
Advertising
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

An i3 lol good luck having fun with that. Windows 8 is a joke.
onthean

Post by onthean »

NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Jd8531 wrote:An i3 lol good luck having fun with that. Windows 8 is a joke.
The one I'm talking about is a Windows 7 Ultimate. The Windows 8 one can be transformed to & from a laptop & a tablet, & has a Core i7 processor. ;)
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Buying any PC/laptop with a Windows preinstalled is imho a bad idea. It promotes the "Windows tax", Windows 8 is utter *** (and it's not just me saying that), and most likely you will already be replacing a Windows PC/laptop with it, and you can easily install the OS from it. Doing this will lock you out of vendors who normally sell overpriced hardware to begin with (eg. Sony or HP), and will give you extra cash you can spend towards getting better hardware.
The way that I'd buy a gaming PC would be to first look at the purchasing options I have available, then go through what they have. If you can grab an i7 EE and a couple of Titans, you'd be looking at something very awesome. But then, don't listen my advice, I suffer a heavy case of Intel&nVidia fanboi. :lol:
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Xian Nox wrote:Buying any PC/laptop with a Windows preinstalled is imho a bad idea. It promotes the "Windows tax", Windows 8 is utter *** (and it's not just me saying that), and most likely you will already be replacing a Windows PC/laptop with it, and you can easily install the OS from it. Doing this will lock you out of vendors who normally sell overpriced hardware to begin with (eg. Sony or HP), and will give you extra cash you can spend towards getting better hardware.
The way that I'd buy a gaming PC would be to first look at the purchasing options I have available, then go through what they have. If you can grab an i7 EE and a couple of Titans, you'd be looking at something very awesome. But then, don't listen my advice, I suffer a heavy case of Intel&nVidia fanboi. :lol:
Agreed. Preinstalled equals price hike. Windows 8 is support less, and not optimized well among other things. You don't even need a Titan. Two GTX660ti's would work just as good.
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

@Xian
The i7 EE is $999! :shock: :lol:
BTW I didn't say he should get that Windows 8 one, sucks for gaming. The Windows 7 one is cheaper & better for gaming. (+ if Windows 7 is pre-installed, then that makes it also cheaper than Windows 8 pre-installed ;))
But you said that Windows pre-installed is a bad choice, is there Linx pre-installed? :| Or is it a Mac for gaming? :lol:
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

I bought a laptop with no operating system? And yes, there's also laptops with Linux preinstalled, if rare.
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Where is there a laptop with no OS? Haven't even thought this might be true. :| It must be a second-hand, right?

Return to “General”