Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Blood Pong (1998) PC

Discuss Windows, Mac, or Linux Gaming (or other types of applications) here
Smoker1

Blood Pong (1998) PC

Post by Smoker1 »

Well, been trying to Locate this Game for a few Years. Was Released for MAC and PC back then. Finally found it when I was looking through a few old Backup Disks from my PC back in 2003. It was Version 1.0 , but dont bother trying to run it on Current OS. Tried it on Windows 10 (GPD Win) and everything looks good......up until you get In-Game where you only see the Background and the Wins Indicator. Game is still running, but you cant determine where the Paddles, LifeBar, Ball, anything is.
Tried it on my Windows 7 PC, but when it gets to the Main Menu, a Error Box pops up saying Generic, and when you Click OK, the Game Closes on you.
No matter what Compatibility Settings you use, the end results are the same.
Seems the only thing that it does work on is a Virtual Computer running WinXP. Depending on your Hardware and the Virtual Hardware Configuration, will get you anywhere from 75-100% Speed In-Game
I contacted MonkeyByte about the Game and the Rep said he asked around, but so far no one has a Copy anywhere. Hoping they find a Later Build, or Archived Source somewhere they could continue and improve upon.
Blood Pong Working VirtualBox WinXP.jpg
Blood Pong Working VirtualBox WinXP.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 9232 times
Blood Pong NOT Working on Windows 10.jpg
Blood Pong NOT Working on Windows 10.jpg (254.71 KiB) Viewed 9232 times
Advertising
PS3(BC60GB): 4.65 Rebug CFW
PSP 3000 (03g): 6.20 PRO-C2 (128GB->MicroSD Adapter)
Vita: 3.65 Enso HENkaku - Vita(3G) 400GB+SD2Vita (256GB)
N3DS XL : 11.8 Luma3DS
GPD XD1 (64GB) Rooted
GPD Win1

Return to “Games/Applications”