Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Android VS iOS

Everything related to smartphones and tablets that doesn't fit in the other forums
m0skit0
Guru

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by m0skit0 »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:iOS is better, because they made for one phone a lot of apps and games. However Adroid apps/games will run on a HTC or Samsung.
First, iOS did make no game/app at all. iOS is an operating system, not a developing company. If you mean Apple, then Apple made the iPhone and iOS, but not the games/apps (or not all of them). Also how is it better having games/apps working on one phone than on several phones? I don't see any positive side of this. In fact, all are negative. Also, most iPhone games/apps exist in Android (and the other way around).
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Moreover, the variety of devices Android can run on increases competition between manufacturers, and reduces prices, with the latter being to my liking.
Advertising
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Xian Nox wrote:the variety of devices Android can run on increases competition between manufacturers, and reduces prices
And improve overall quality ;)
nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

m0skit0 wrote:
Xian Nox wrote:the variety of devices Android can run on increases competition between manufacturers, and reduces prices
And improve overall quality ;)
Also gives us a choice of "flavors". Like many people like HTS's Sense, Samsung has TouchWiz etc. Although I prefer stock as its bloatware free...

But then competition also has some problems, like if you buy the best high-end Android mobile then just one month after its been replaced by the other and sometimes its even of the same company. :| That hurts as you spent an enormous amount of money to buy the best phone and then its not the best.

Still, pros are more than cons, and its open-source! :D
Reality Sucks! :|
!~My Blog~!
[spoiler]Ultimate PS3 Theme Mod v2.1(For PSP)
Image[/spoiler]
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

nisarg_kolhe wrote:if you buy the best high-end Android mobile then just one month after its been replaced by the other and sometimes its even of the same company
Same goes for iStuff.
nisarg_kolhe wrote:That hurts as you spent an enormous amount of money to buy the best phone and then its not the best.
You spent the money if you want. I don't want to have always the cutting-edge, because simply I don't need it, and I'm not the "look at my phone" kind of guy. I have an Android smartphone because this way I don't have to carry 3-4 different devices. Also because I like to test my development on a real device. You don't have to buy stuff you don't need. Don't let them fool ya.
nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

m0skit0 wrote:
nisarg_kolhe wrote:if you buy the best high-end Android mobile then just one month after its been replaced by the other and sometimes its even of the same company
Same goes for iStuff.
It takes at least one year for it to get old. And also, due to now Apple adding only a "S" to the device, people doesn't regret. Still, iStuff is wastage of money...
nisarg_kolhe wrote:That hurts as you spent an enormous amount of money to buy the best phone and then its not the best.
You spent the money if you want. I don't want to have always the cutting-edge, because simply I don't need it, and I'm not the "look at my phone" kind of guy. I have an Android smartphone because this way I don't have to carry 3-4 different devices. Also because I like to test my development on a real device. You don't have to buy stuff you don't need. Don't let them fool ya.
Yeah everybody doesn't spend there money on latest mobiles, they get as per as there needs only, but then one who plans to get one by saving up money, its a kind of disappointment, like if someone bought Galaxy Nexus as it had ICS and was the latest, he would be now thinking he should have waited, as now many quad-core devices are coming in the same price...The case is not same in the lower-end and mid-end devices though...
!~My Blog~!
Image[/spoiler]
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

nisarg_kolhe wrote:like if someone bought Galaxy Nexus as it had ICS and was the latest, he would be now thinking he should have waited, as now many quad-core devices are coming in the same price...
Maybe you didn't notice, but it is always like this. In fact, it's done on purpose just to make you feel dumb and rush to buy another device. It's called "consumer psychology".
nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

m0skit0 wrote:
nisarg_kolhe wrote:like if someone bought Galaxy Nexus as it had ICS and was the latest, he would be now thinking he should have waited, as now many quad-core devices are coming in the same price...
Maybe you didn't notice, but it is always like this. In fact, it's done on purpose just to make you feel dumb and rush to buy another device. It's called "consumer psychology".
And its very sad that it exists! :( All the companies are selfish! :x
!~My Blog~!
Image[/spoiler]
Llywelyn

Post by Llywelyn »

Definitely iOS.

1. LTS (3 years) with updates and new features. No need to jailbreak my device to hope having some port of CM...
2. Quality: not saying that all Android devices are sh*t, but many of them are (including my HTC Wildfire, comes with cheap plastic, lower resolution LCD, etc...).
3. Design: that's my own opinion, but I have never such a beautiful phone as the iPhone (except the N9, yet Nokia decided to kill it...)
4. Useful apps (95% of the Android Market is real garbage or clone of another app).
5. Exclusivity for some apps / Apps are almost always released first for iOS.
6. The ease of jailbreaking your device: iOS hackers are much more active than the Android ones. If your phone doesn't come with an easy unlock (like the Nexus' oem-unlock), well, you're scr*wed. You generally won't wait more than 1 month on the iOS side.

In the end Android combines the disadvantages of both open and closed source environments. You don't have Meego's flexibility, but you have Google's "Applistic" decisions (such as the non-release of 3.x source, the renaming of the Android Market, etc...).
I have been an iOS user for 2007 to 2010 and I have been an Android user since (HTC Magic, Legend, Desire and Wildfire) so trust me, I know very well these operating systems.
nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

Llywelyn wrote:D
6. The ease of jailbreaking your device: iOS hackers are much more active than the Android ones. If your phone doesn't come with an easy unlock (like the Nexus' oem-unlock), well, you're scr*wed. You generally won't wait more than 1 month on the iOS side.
lolwut? Ever been to XDA? :roll: There are like more than 10 active devs for every active device's sub-forum! And also, rooting is not everyone's piece of cake, but if you learn it, its fairly easy, and I never heard of an instance where anybody had to "wait" for his device's rooting capabilities, added that his device is fairly popular. But I've heard of news like the root was released before the release of the phone!(Latest Eg. HTC One X)

So 1 month is a lot of time to wait, if there is a popular device released, devs will work it to get it rooted, and some are very fast and we have root within week. Also it took a long time for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to have a 5.1 jailbreak...
!~My Blog~!
Image[/spoiler]

Return to “General”