Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tether USB to WiFi

Everything related to smartphones and tablets that doesn't fit in the other forums
SsJVasto

Tether USB to WiFi

Post by SsJVasto »

Hey /TALK, I've got a question for you guys. Do you think it's possible to have this kind of setup:

The reason I want to do this is because my work router seems to prevent my PSVita from connecting to the network. I'd like to bypass that by using my Android as a router, but using the PC's Internet connection instead of my 4G network.
Advertising
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Tether USB to WiFi

Post by Xian Nox »

It should, if the smartphone can connect to the internet via USB. Also, can't it connect to the router directly?
Advertising
SsJVasto

Re: Tether USB to WiFi

Post by SsJVasto »

Xian Nox wrote:It should, if the smartphone can connect to the internet via USB. Also, can't it connect to the router directly?
Well, the PC is connected to the router via Ethernet cable, and the Android device can connect to the Wireless part of the Router without a problem, but the PSVita seems to be getting blocked, and cannot obtain an IP address.

The part I'm not sure about, is how the Android device could get Internet from the USB connection instead of its 3G while tethering.
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);

Return to “General”