Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Ipad 3 or Asus Transformer Prime?

Everything related to smartphones and tablets that doesn't fit in the other forums
Jshishido

Ipad 3 or Asus Transformer Prime?

Post by Jshishido »

I recently bought an asus transformer prime instead of the ipad 3 for my overseas deployment (6 month) and I had to choose between an Ipad 3 or the Prime. I bought the prime because of the price but I want to know has anyone had any problems with it or if I made the right decision. I just needed something to skype with but also play some games on it.

What would you guys have done

Prime 32Gig. $499

Ipad3 16Gig $499
Advertising
KrewOwns

Re: Ipad 3 or Asus Transformer Prime?

Post by KrewOwns »

I would prefer the Asus Transformer Prime for Android alone. However the Prime has a great GPU, the Nvidia Tegra 3, one of the best and newest released so far.

I had a Motorola XOOM that had Tegra 2, and the games looked beautiful. It ran emulators perfectly, N64 didn't lag.

It's a good thing you got the Prime, in the end you'll get more of a user experience than you would have gotten out of the new iPad. :mrgreen:
Advertising
nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

I don't think that you need to ask this question! You did the best thing buying Tranformer Prime! Quad-core processor+Android=AWESOMENESS! And besides, the new iPad doesn't have a quad-core processor, just quad-core graphics!

And also Transformer Prime has a keyboard! I would have insisted my parents to get it, but its too costly here(Almost $1000! :shock: ) And I hate Crapple...
Reality Sucks! :|
!~My Blog~!
[spoiler]Ultimate PS3 Theme Mod v2.1(For PSP)
Image[/spoiler]
Jshishido

Post by Jshishido »

Yay :D I was worried I did the wrong thing. I also bought the key attachment which made my total about 600 something. Just waiting for it to get here now thanks for the replys :)
Coldbird
Guru

Post by Coldbird »

Right choice made! thumb up from me.
PSP N-1000 ✔ / 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY ✔ / PRO ONLINE ✔
XxTyboxX

Post by XxTyboxX »

I definitely think you made the right choice as well. I have been strongly considering getting an asus transformer and with all the research and stuff i have done i definitely think it beats the ipad without question.
SteWieH

Post by SteWieH »

yep like everyone said good buy. Open sourced OS, flexable as heck + tat oh so sexy tegra 3 GPU = WInning. plus they got tegra specific games.. enjoy your gaming.. is going to be alot better then any iPad 3
Marquisbrown21

Post by Marquisbrown21 »

nope ipad3 so what
keyz16b

Post by keyz16b »

I'm an iPad 2 owner and don't think the retina display, LTE, graphics card, and extra thickness in the "new" iPad is worth the upgrade. My brother is an android user and has the Asus Transformer Prime. I must say I am IMPRESSED. I think you made a good choice you will not regret anytime soon and will enjoy it more after enhancing its capabilities. Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of iPads were you are so It's probably good that you "think different" :P Stay safe and be smart. Godspeed your return!
xprxbatmanxprx
Location: Batcave ... .. Searching ... .. Searching ... Unknown Location

Post by xprxbatmanxprx »

If apple saw this ad they will sue you lol, but you made the right choice
Android FTW! :D
PSP-1001 - 6.60 ME-1.8 _____ BATMAN _____ PSV-1101 - 1.81 Urbanix + Mad Blocker CEF 6.60 TN-V

Return to “General”