Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

GTA3 lag on android - no lag on ps2

Discuss your favorite apps here
DerpyChap

Re: GTA3 lag on android - no lag on ps2

Post by DerpyChap »

Acid_Snake wrote:
DerpyChap wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:welcome to the world of lazy programming.
devs used to make such great AAA titles with so little hardware, nowadays you need a supercomputer to run such a graphically low-end game like minecraft, which essentially has the same graphics as a PS1, but requires 100 times more power than it.
Minecraft's graphics are too advanced for a ps1 but not for a DS (graphics on a DS are not much better than graphics on a ps1) It depends on a mix of things. If your GPU is rubbish but have a powerful CPU and 1 GB of RAM the device will lag. If you have a good GPU but only 356 MB of RAM and a 1GHz CPU the game will probably run better. It depends on a mix of GPU, CPU and RAM. My device has 356 MB of RAM and a 1.2GHz single core CPU but, due to its GPU, it isn't very good at gaming.
and you think a PS1 has a good GPU?

I stand on my point. Devs nowadays underuse the power and make small games that require way too much power for what they have.
I never said that, I said that the ps1 GPU is NOT capable of the graphics in Minecraft.
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

DerpyChap wrote: I never said that, I said that the ps1 GPU is NOT capable of the graphics in Minecraft.
maybe I exaggerated when I said PS1, but the N64 IS fully capable of handling Minecraft graphics. And the PS2, having a 300MHz CPU can make way better graphics than Minecraft, a game that requires a lot of power to run (I've seen Minecraft slow down on pretty good PCs)
Advertising
DerpyChap

Post by DerpyChap »

Acid_Snake wrote:
DerpyChap wrote: I never said that, I said that the ps1 GPU is NOT capable of the graphics in Minecraft.
maybe I exaggerated when I said PS1, but the N64 IS fully capable of handling Minecraft graphics. And the PS2, having a 300MHz CPU can make way better graphics than Minecraft, a game that requires a lot of power to run (I've seen Minecraft slow down on pretty good PCs)
Oddly enough, on my PC with Windows Vista 32 bit (I know), 2GB of RAM, 2.4GHz Intel dual core processor and some kind of NVIDIA graphics (not sure which one) Minecraft can run at 30 FPS with all the settings on high, no mods and with sphax 64 by 64 texture pack. I was surprised with my computer since it is not far off the minimum specs required for Minecraft.

Return to “Games/Apps”