Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Putting stuff into folders

This is the development forum of the half-byte loader project. For general Half Byte Loader questions, visit the Half Byte Loader forum.
Forum rules
This forum is for HBL Development discussions ONLY. For User support or HBL general discussions, go to viewforum.php?f=3 . Messages that are not development related will be deleted.
m0skit0
Guru

Re: Putting stuff into folders

Post by m0skit0 »

I cannot merge it through SVN, it doesn't recognize that the files are in folders. For him, they're different files, so it's as good as checking out the new revision and making the folders again and all the stuff, which I won't do again anyways. If anyone is interested in having this organized, give it a try ;)
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

hmm, weird, but I can see how this would happen if you didn't use the "svn rename" functionality. I believe simply renaming or moving a file would cause the effects you got. At least that would be the case on windows. :|
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

I didn't know about SVN rename command, tbh. And I don't think there will be any differences on OSs because it's an SVN feature, and anyways it's a open-source community project, so I highly doubt it will work better on Windows than on Linux. Anyway, it doesn't matter :D
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about using svn from the command line as I am using the TortoiseSVN gui.

TortoiseSVN has a feature to move files. What it does is deleting the original file and adding file in the new location, so I guess SVN does have no built-in provision for moving files. I tried that by creating a new subfolder, adding that to the SVN, moving the file and then updated the working copy to a new revision. This puts the local copy into a conflicting state since it will not auto-merge files if their paths are different. But it was possible to go into the "resolve conflict" option and to force the merging to the file in the new location.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

In other words: despite the versioning tool, moving files is a pain in the a## :lol:
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

It is. Apart from the inconvenience of the moving process I think it is very bad that the files will loose their change history. At least I think this will happen since they appear as newly added files.

Edit: Hmm... maybe I am wrong about this: click.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

I use Subclipse plugin for Eclipse IDE but nice article there, JJS. I don't have any problem with putting the stuff into folders again, but not until I figure out how to make make :lol: understand that.

Return to “Half Byte Loader Development”