Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

does anyone know about original xbox hdd upgrade?

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Programming discussions for your favorite Device
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
General Jewel

does anyone know about original xbox hdd upgrade?

Post by General Jewel »

i brought a compatible seagate 160gb hdd. I am trying to use chimp2618 to upgrade the hdd. My xbox is softmodded with the unleashx dash just recently. I put the chimp files currently via ftp. I open my xbox case up hook my new hdd by using a molex spiltter powering both old and new hdd. on the dash i take the ribbon cable from the dvd and put it inside the new hdd. I launch chimp where it says linux on the dash through my unleash x application menu. and when i am brought to the chimp menu i only see the options advanced and ethernet! i cant see the fatx menu to do the process...can someone tell me why this is happening?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: does anyone know about original xbox hdd upgrade?

Post by fate6 »

wow its been a long time since I have heard Unleash X :lol:
sorry but I wont be able to help here cause I simple dont remember how to do it

have some links, hope it helps :/
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828
http://www.biline.ca/xbox_uxe_hd.htm
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
General Jewel

Post by General Jewel »

thanks :) i have found the problem it seems as though my hdd is not compatible afterall! sheesh! :D
DMTea

Post by DMTea »

I used HDDManager v1.09 from Xboxscene. You place a clean dashboard in C folder, place a fresh softmod game save in E partition folder then Make ISO.

The iso contains linux to lock/unlock drives, reformat partitions etc etc. Placing a fresh softmod game save in the ISO ensures every xbox HDD made with that EEPROM, skips having to usb transfer it later.
Guize I can haz kernal cuz i got purtty cmd window to say stuffs.

Return to “Programming and Security”