Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Need help naming a 90's RPG, possibly on PS1?

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
vanwavanwa

Need help naming a 90's RPG, possibly on PS1?

Post by vanwavanwa »

I asked on yahoo answers 5 years ago: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 827AA3IvhO

I am PRETTY sure it was on PS1. The gameplay was like your standard turn based RPG but 3d almost like Final Fantasy VII. I have been wanting to go back to this game and beat it as an adult now for years lol.

All I know is similar to what I put on that yahoo question, you started off as like some boy on an island or maybe not an island, and you had a pet dragon or whelp or something along those lines, the first party member you encounter is a big muscular dude and right off the bat you travel with him somewhere and he gets poisoned/sick/hurt or something and you have to go into a sewer like dungeon or something without his help?

If anyone could name this RPG, you would be doing me a HUGE favor, I have searched google and yahoo up and down in search of this darn game, I will laugh if I find it and it sucks and isn't as good as I remember, but still I would like to experience it again :P

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help me out.

annnnd have a good day all :)
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: Need help naming a 90's RPG, possibly on PS1?

Post by Acid_Snake »

would help if you remember anything else, like the publisher, the year it came out or any other detail. With that info the best you can do is search one by one here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps1_games.
Advertising
quozzerx

Post by quozzerx »

Is it Lunar?
vanwavanwa

Post by vanwavanwa »

Acid_Snake wrote:would help if you remember anything else, like the publisher, the year it came out or any other detail. With that info the best you can do is search one by one here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps1_games.
Well it was so long ago, I know the actual dragon pet thing was an actual part member or could do stuff in battle with the main char, my brother bought the PS1 and we used to rent tons of games, I am starting to think the game just never existed and I am crazy LOL. I remember it so clearly though, that big guy getting hurt or sick or poisoned and going through that dungeon, it really sucks I don't have anymore info, sigh I guess I am going through that big list of PS1 games lol gonna take forever :P
quozzerx wrote:Is it Lunar?
It didn't really have an art style like Lunar's battle system, it was more like Final Fantasy VII's like a darker gritty vibe, but on a square kinda platform fighting skeletons and such? I am 99.99999% sure the dragon was a party member but it wasn't like a BIG dragon it was like Link from Zelda's fairy in size?

Big thanks to you guys for helping me, one day I will track this darn thing down, I will be like old in a old folks home like THAT'S IT THAT'S THE GAME! and they will wheel me off like I am crazy and I will still never play it :/ LOL!
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

vanwavanwa wrote:lol gonna take forever :P
gonna take a while yes, or you can just find a list of all ps1 rpg games.
vanwavanwa

Post by vanwavanwa »

Acid_Snake wrote: gonna take a while yes, or you can just find a list of all ps1 rpg games.
Exactly what I did, was actually a youtube of these guys questing to play every PS1 RPG made xD Thank you for the suggestions and finally I think I found it:

I'm 99.9999999999% sure it is "Beyond the Beyond" different than I explained it but Samson the "big guy" is cursed. The main char has that little dragon thing flying around him. I think this is it :D Woo!
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I'm glad you finally found it :)

Return to “Games”