Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Favourie RPG's on any system and why.

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
Truffs

Re: Favourie RPG's on any system and why.

Post by Truffs »

I would have to say Dark Souls xbox 360. PvP was endlessly entertaining, the campaign was challenging, the graphics where pretty good, and the combat system was perfect. Close second is persona 2 golden
Advertising
"An expert in anything was a beginner at one point"
pridefuldawn

Post by pridefuldawn »

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I would go into detail, but then I would end up writing an entire essay. :p
Then I would also have to fight of Morrowind Fanboys, which would be really annoying. :(
Advertising
[spoiler]You really shouldn't of clicked that button, you wasted an estimated ten seconds[/spoiler]
Curious

Post by Curious »

Final Fantasy X on the PS2. Because it the first RPG in which I really cared about the story. I started playing when I was bored, and slowly got immersed into the magnificent story. I think its the game that drew me into the world of role-playing games. I loved that game. :) And Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.
Last edited by Curious on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorlash

Post by Dorlash »

Secret of Mana 3 for Snes!
its story was just epic and its battle system was so unique.
I remember playing it after i got from school everyday :)
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

NES: Final Fantasy I, Gauntlet

SNES: Soul Blazer Trilogy, Actraiser, Zelda, BoF, Super Metroid, and Secret of Mana

N64: Zelda

PSOne: Legend of Dragoon, GranStream Saga, Blood Omen, FFIX, Soul Reaver, BoF, Vagrant Story, Dragon Seeds, Nightmare Creatures, Gauntlet, Dark Stone, Diablo, RE2, Castlevania SotN

PS2: God of War 1/2, FFX, Dark Cloud 1/2, Legacy of Kain games, any Persona

Gamecube: Zelda, REs, Blood Omen 2, Chrystal Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia, Forgotten Realms games

PS3: God of War 3, (haven't played much of anything else on ps3 rpgs)

GBA: Zelda, Castlevania's, BoF, FF Tactics Advance, FFI+II, FE Sacred Stones, Metroid's, Marios

PSP: Pretty much every RPG avaliable(portability is a plus)

Vita: Ragnarok Odyssey, Soul Sacrifice, Zenonia+Neutopia(both minis)

Now as for the reason why I have selected all these games? Every game in my opinion was only put on the list if I was willing to play through it a second time. If I have the urge to play a game more than once, then I know it's a good game.
n0cuddl3-v2

Post by n0cuddl3-v2 »

Phantasy Star 2, 3 & 4 on Mega Drive. It is one of the best story telling in RPG games.
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

I had a SNES and gameboy during my younger years...... So naturally I used to smash a lot of Lufia and Pokemon!

Then when i got my first computer, i discovered SNES emulators! So i used to play a lot of the RPG's (chrono trigger, harvest moon, sieken denetsu)

Had a N64, but everyone knows that console was ripped off for RPGS. This evolved into a PS1, which i played FF8 so much i almost wore the discs out!

To this day, I pre-order ever single pokemon game since i got back into the series in the D/P/Pt days.

I'd have to say pokemon is my favourite RPG series of all time. With anything Nintendo as the console!
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
damien907

Post by damien907 »

i know they are more of adventure games, but the zelda top down ones, especially links awakening for gameboy, that was my first zelda game, i played that for years when i was really young!

i also like alundra for psx, also more of an adventure game like zelda, but i is really good. if you havent played it, i would def try to get a copy and play it!

fallout 3 and fallout new vegas are also awesome RPG style games.

i love rpg's a lot, but these are probably my personal favorites. i do like jrpg's too, but i cant really pick one that sticks out to me. i have been playing sword of mana for gba lately and that is pretty fun.
vitalovesnintendo

Post by vitalovesnintendo »

FF 7 to this day this game holds a special place in my heart. The cinematic story telling combined with the at the time amazing FMV cut scenes were a perfect marriage. Sure, if one would just judge the FF7 on it's gameplay mechanics it certainly has flaws.

gba[/b]Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga the implementation of timing in the battle system works well with rpgs. I enjoyed this enty in the series the most.

XboxFallout: need I say more? What, I do? Ok the original Fallout were for the later 3D Fallout titles what the original GTA games were for a game as GTA V.

Xbox 360The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: The sheer amount of things to do and the feel you were playing a mmorpg put the role playing in rpg.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Timber

Post by Timber »

Terranigma (Snes) I actually found this game on a bench outside an EB store in the city when I was in highschool. Best day ever lol! I don't think it was released in the US so a lot of people really missed out. This is an EPIC jRPG by Enix, before they merged with Squaresoft of course. The battle system is action packed you can jump hack and slash and have a variety of spear techs, it's open world and it's pretty huge, the towns change and evolve around you as you make discoveries and eventually restore the planet. The music is excellent and the graphics are very nice. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this game. :D

Return to “Games”