Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Signed HomeBrews VS HBL

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
hardikk98

Signed HomeBrews VS HBL

Post by hardikk98 »

If you are a homebrew fanboy and love playing homebrews then you must be fimiliar with HBL(Half Byte Loder) and Signed homebrews.So before running into conclusion i would like to give a small introduction.

HBL-A cute little application for OFW,which allows you to run almost all shorts of homebrews
Signed HomeBrews-Homebrews passed through a signing tool which makes them run on psp OFW straight from the XMB

A QUICK COMPARISION

HBL
1-Compatiable with 80% of Homebrews
(rest of the 20% are advanced homebrews
,etc)
2-Works with larger homebrews

3-To start a Homebrews you should open HBL and
run Homebrews through it so its kindda lenghty
and hassle with

SIGNED HOMEBREWS
1-Compatiable with 95% of homebrews

2-Limited upto 8mb (but that's not an issue because a
majority of home brews are below 8mb of size)

3-Easy to use just put the signed homebrews in PSP/GAME and run it straight from the saved game(xmb)

EXAMPLE-Like psp claw explorer doesn't works with HBL wit works perfectly on signing

Guys theres a larger list of signed homebrews chek it out-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879[url][/url]
Unsigned Homebrews (requirs HBL)-viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22[url][/url]
-viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4498[url][/url]

Signing Tool-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1916[url][/url],,,,,viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1381[url][/url]

CONCLUSION-HBL-Although Hbl is a greate peice of app and if it was not mabe i would have still being unknown to what is homebrews as im using ofw6.37 though its hassley and if a homebrew hangs or freezes it takes a lots of time and effort to recover.....so it gets a 8.5 out of 10.0

Advice to HBL DEVS-I realy appricieate your hard work as i can see it all in the latest verson of the HBL but still you can add some more features like a File explorer plugin so that we can copy past things in the psp,Video MUSIC plugin so we can cheak out multimedia stuff within the hbl...........i love your app.

SIGNED HOMEBREWS- Although for now S.H are a step ahead than HBL beacuse of the compatibility and hassle free use but if i was released before HBL then there would have no HBL existing....so it gets a perfect 9.0 out of 10.0

so guys what you thing this was my opinion based on reading several fourms and personal experience since a year :D :D

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WHICH ONE IS BETTER????????????? post in comment
PEACE OUT,LOVE YOU ALLL,,,,,, :D :D :D

Credits
Thanx to- toBsucht(for clarification and extra detaling)
Advertising
Last edited by hardikk98 on Sun May 22, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
toBsucht
VIP

Re: Signed HomeBrews VS HBL

Post by toBsucht »

Hi,
there is a littel mistake a eboot could be up to 8mb if you try to sign it with Easypbprx.Homebrew eboots that are smaller than 440kb can not be signed "most likely". the min size of a signed eboot is 440kb
Also homebrews which requiers a plugin are working with hbl. Try the ubuntu shell with out :P .. sure xmb/game plugins doesn´t work. I used unsigned hbl befor tn-a and i always tryed to run more hb´s so i copyed the prx into the plugins floder. But it takes a while till i note how to enabel disabel them ^till tn a fix1 release^
please click here and press quote to see how to post links
Guys theres a larger list of signed homebrews check it out viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879
Unsigned Homebrews (requirs HBL)

edit: my hbl hb list is tested viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4498
For me signed hb´s are very nice specialy since we can make it smaller than the orginal.
I´m sure you can run more hb´s with hbl as signed hb´s till you get a kernel hen for upper fw.
Advertising
Last edited by toBsucht on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hardikk98

Re: Signed HomeBrews VS HBL

Post by hardikk98 »

toBsucht wrote:Hi,
there is a littel mistake a eboot could be up to 8mb if you try to sign it with Easypbprx. Homebrew eboots that are smaller than 440kb can not be signed "most likely".
Also homebrews which requiers a plugin are working. Try the ubuntu shell with out :P .. sure xmb/game plugins doesn´t work. I used unsigned hbl befor tn-a and i always tryed to run more hb´s so i copyed the prx into the plugins floder. But it takes a while till i note how to enabel disabel them ^till tn a fix1 release^
please click here and press quote to see how to post links
Guys theres a larger list of signed homebrews check it out viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879
Unsigned Homebrews (requirs HBL)

edit: my hbl hb list is tested viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4498
For me signed hb´s are very nice specialy since we can make it smaller than the orginal.
I´m sure you can run more hb´s with hbl as signed hb´s till you get a kernel hen for upper fw.
Hey thanx thanx for your clarification cuz im new to this fourum and psp stuffs so i didn't have time to explore
thanx again i had added your links and cheak out Credits at the end of the post............than again :D :D
oam99

[deleted]

Post by oam99 »

[deleted]
Please Delete My Account - AccountKiller
http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Return to “Half Byte Loader”